• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

My newest addition to my Birthyear set. I didn't realize til I started this set how hard it is to find 1959 Proofs in Cameo. Btw, hairlines are on the slab.

1959JeffObvRev.jpg

This coin is in an NGC holder. I'll post the grade here, once enough time has passed on my guess the grade thread. I bought the piece because I thought that it looked nice for the grade.

1851_Quarter_Eagle_Obv.jpg

1851_Quarter_Eagle_rev.jpg

Here is another piece that I purchased from another board member. Thanks Don!

1888_NGC_MS64_G1.jpg

1888_NGC_MS64_G1_Label.jpg

Here is my last piece of gold. I'm hoping to cross this to NGC.

1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

My newest addition to my Birthyear set. I didn't realize til I started this set how hard it is to find 1959 Proofs in Cameo. Btw, hairlines are on the slab.

1959JeffObvRev.jpg

Great nickel Bobby!! Have you found a Frankie for the set yet?

Just got a 2007 Silver Proof Set that i have been waiting on.

Absolutely beautiful!

Even got a good deal on the 'Bay....only paid $53 for it which i didnt think was too shabby since new 2010 and 2011 sets were going for $68 from the mint.

2007 silver proof set

Here's a couple additions that were random purchases while walking through an antique mall

Brothel Token (bought as a joke since my girlfriend uses the name of "MissKitty" on her game websites)

DSCF0398-small.jpg

DSCF0399-small.jpg

1891 O Morgan (unknown VAM), looks to be cleaned based on the remains near one section of the rim and around the date.

DSCF0400-small.jpg

DSCF0401-small.jpg

Edited to add:

Grime around date

Image61.jpg

Grime around star near rim

Image60.jpg

Grime at end of the word "Trust"

Image59.jpg

Do not see "lumps" as noted for diagnostic for one of the possible VAM's

Image58.jpg

Looks to be a Weak E, if I'm right this may be a Vam-3A1 (correct me if I'm wrong)

Image57.jpg

1959JeffObvRev.jpg

That's a sweet nickel my friend. It's also a tough coin in that grade "Cameo" ....I didn't know you were such a young buck....Joe

Nice pick up for sure..... (thumbs u

Edited by Buffalo Head

Just got my latest in the mail.

My love affair with dollars continues as i snagged a 2007-S Proof Presidential Dollar Set graded PF69 UC in the NGC multi-coin holder.

Pretty snazzy and only paid about what the cert cost for one coin would have been!

Now i am on the lookout for the same set in PF70 UC....although that may be a while unless i want to pay some hideous amount.

All in all, very pretty coins though

2007 pf69 ngc dollar set

My love affair with dollars continues as i snagged a 2007-S Proof Presidential Dollar Set graded PF69 UC in the NGC multi-coin holder.

Pretty snazzy and only paid about what the cert cost for one coin would have been!

Now i am on the lookout for the same set in PF70 UC....although that may be a while unless i want to pay some hideous amount.

Nice set, and an attractive presentation.

In my opinion, there is absolutely no reason at all to buy PR70's, unless you have more money than you know what to do with and you just want to get rid of it. In which case, PM me and I will send you my address.

2007 pf69 ngc dollar set

LIKE +1