• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

Well, I got this one in the mail today, sure to tick some people off, but try not to sling too many arrows in this thread!

104571.jpg.fed94314c39f642ef2c5f60ab3a2ad18.jpg

104572.jpg.cc4fdede9b18bd487a4b7343ee9d8bda.jpg

I think it's pretty cool but I just can't bring myself to pay that much for it. I wouldn't mind having one of the cheaper versions but they are all gone.

Yeah, I can certainly understand that! I figured I wanted one before the feds raid their offices and I can just put it in my peace dollar dansco. The other one wasn't that much cheaper either, I think it was $100 and this one was $125, no bargain either way!

Yeah, I can certainly understand that! I figured I wanted one before the feds raid their offices and I can just put it in my peace dollar dansco. The other one wasn't that much cheaper either, I think it was $100 and this one was $125, no bargain either way!

Dang, I thought the others would be considerably cheaper. I think I'll skip those!

I believe there was one version that went for $65.

I guess that's what I get for coming late to the party!

When you say different versions, please explain, or are the prices going up as more and more sell?

I kinda like these.

There are several different finishes, the first was supposed to be like a matte finish (this was the $100 version I think), the one I got was supposed to be more lusterous like a business strike (this one was $125), and now Bob mentioned a $65 version, but I never saw that one listed. Right now the only one available is the one I bought, but I don't suppose there is anything stopping them from making more of the other versions.

Actually Sy, I have 2 proof registries for my Jeffs. I'm going from 1950 to date. Almost complete too!

doh! I just noticed your links.

Some very attractive looking Jeffies in those sets! :golfclap: Good going! (thumbs u

There are several different finishes, the first was supposed to be like a matte finish (this was the $100 version I think), the one I got was supposed to be more lusterous like a business strike (this one was $125), and now Bob mentioned a $65 version, but I never saw that one listed. Right now the only one available is the one I bought, but I don't suppose there is anything stopping them from making more of the other versions.

The first version and part of the second finish started at $110 plus $5 shipping. Sometime after 5,000 were sold the price was raised to $125 plus shipping. It was a week or two after that the $65 example made it's appearance. According to the link it is sold out, at least for now.

Actually Sy, I have 2 proof registries for my Jeffs. I'm going from 1950 to date. Almost complete too!

doh! I just noticed your links.

Some very attractive looking Jeffies in those sets! :golfclap: Good going! (thumbs u

Thanks Sy!

wow shane..that Morgan is so dazzling with color it almost hurt my eyes...and great Illinois commem Fatman--a special coin indeed...and great mirrors Bobby on that Jeff..looks like it has a nice contrast too even if no cameo designation.

Although I want my morgan collection to be mainly white coins, I would like to make an acception for a really nice rainbow toned coin like this one, and a really nice blue toned one as well.

Some very nice examples since my last purchase! (thumbs u

My birthday is coming up, so a present to self. A Type Set addition: :)

1942Dfcobv1A.jpg

66 FS

Was looking through some old proof sets owned by my late grandfather - found my birth year set and loved the toning on the .01 penny. Sent the coin in for grading and preservation with my last batch, if anything for the sentimental family value.

The purple and blue toning really pop's with a transition down the obv. from top to bottom

IMG_0941.jpg

Graded PF 66 RB Cameo

My latest acquisition, a 2010 high relief Kangaroo. This is an absolutely incredible piece. I personally don't own the UHR gold eagle, didn't feel like tying up that much money in a coin just for show, but when I saw this one at a price of less than $100, I jumped on it. This thing is something else, deep dish, the most incredible of mirrors, and as a lot of the other Australian proof pieces that I have, they use what I call two tone cameo, one area lighter and one deeply frosted. You can't go wrong with this thing!! Incredibly thick as well as noted in the pictures taken side by side with a quarter. And, pictures taken with two different lighting styles.... no James... no SOLB ! :)

104885.jpg.a208d19304864812ff7f94649e22eb02.jpg

104886.jpg.ce37686618ff4bc51e0f9ef84f413db0.jpg

104887.jpg.204264e5c17c374b3b7b8697d7304b46.jpg

104888.jpg.78214c6557640ec15ac8f9dcff6a33ba.jpg

104889.jpg.54e9b52dbe94835515fb09006dd0619c.jpg