• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do I delete my profile/account on here?
1 1

15 posts in this topic

I no longer wish to be apart of the hobby and community and just want to delete everything is there a way to do this?

The hobby has become a pure poop show and is nothing more than a weaponized grading rigged system.. I just don't want to be apart of it.. Everything someone has is garbage until pcgs or ngc says otherwise and that has created a rigged weaponized system.. I just wanted to find unique coins and have fun and share them, not be critiqued and told everything I have is worthless until I pay ngc or pcgs to say otherwise..Grading has ruined coin collecting it's no longer fun,it's become a situation of unless you pay one of two companies than everything is trash...

I’m not to sure how to deactivate an account on here , sorry you feel that way … wish well !

keep in mind if you ever get back into hobby , it’s about collecting numismatic (coins and history, mintages , rarity , varieties and so on) it is not about sending coins to NGC or PCGS for grading …. A lot newer folks coming here for information was indeed MISGUIDED ! by YouTube and TikTok videos about coins being “error” coins worth alot $$$$ its so not true ! As hobbyist and collectors we study this stuff day in and day out for YEARS ! So keep that in mind if you ever want to take hobby more serious some day in future 

there’s other parts of collecting hobby if you are not aware World coins , there’s Exonumia Medals and Jeton, tokens …. It not all about USA coinage… in fact I myself pretty made switch years ago I like German coinage , European coinage and medals and Exonumia …. But you have to take time sit down and try learn read up online , buy some books on coinage that you wish to collect … my collection is mostly Raw , I also collect graded coins as well , some of my coins in my Raw collection I can send them in for grading if I want but I don’t care they are not for sale anyways so why would be worried about getting them graded by TPG? There’s never a hurry to send a coin in for grading… But you need put your time in and learn as much as you can , hey we all started somewhere in the collecting hobby some young and some later in life …. We didn’t come on here bad mouth the contributors on forums about our coins , we didn’t send a bunch of bad coins to TPG throwing money away !!! A lot good advice on here if you’re willing to learn it …. We didn’t become knowledgable collectors over night !!! Took us years to learn the hobby 

Edited by Jason Abshier

In case anyone is wondering here is what triggered this meltdown, I really don't see anything wrong with the info that was provided but I guess it's all in how you perceive it.

Link to the trigger

@Noob115 there is nothing you can do to delete your account; you will need to contact a moderator as only they can delete an account.   I would encourage you to read the replies above and let the jets cool down before you take any actions, emotional reactions are not always the best way to go.

Edited by Coinbuf

Everyone here needs to get real. The new folks here get treated like trash. They can't ask a simple question without getting stupid answers that put them down. That is not what this site is here for. Stop with the do this and do that . It is insulting and the new folks have said that many times. 

On 4/12/2024 at 1:49 PM, ldhair said:

Everyone here needs to get real. The new folks here get treated like trash. They can't ask a simple question without getting stupid answers that put them down. That is not what this site is here for. Stop with the do this and do that . It is insulting and the new folks have said that many times. 

Larry, I know you disagree with me on this, and that’s okay. But there IS A RIGHT WAY AND A WRONG WAY TO DO THIS HOBBY. Actually quite a few of each. I will never pretend there isn’t in order to spare someone’s feelings. I am not wired that way; I never was; and I never will be. Allowing someone to continue to go astray is actually EVIL in its own right.

Edited by VKurtB

On 4/12/2024 at 4:07 PM, The Neophyte Numismatist said:

a Rubik's Dude

I am sooooo stealing that. 

“What you need to know about posting coins for inquiry “

The pinned post at top of forum covers everything discussed here.

I am saddened to hear your feelings openly displayed here. I can only think there have been others who just made their exit without comment.

You own your feelings and have a right to have those feelings. Nobody can change your feelings but yourself.

I will say, maybe just try to look at things a little differently. Grading has been around basically since collecting began in the 1800's. TPG grading by contrast has only recently begun in the last about 30 years. There are many collectors and some on this board who do NOT submit a single coin nor own a single slab. They grade their coins themselves and their feeling is that works for them. I collected coins for almost 40 years without ever submitting a single coin. That did not mean what I collected had no worth. And I learned I had some really nice excellent coins and some that were just not so good. I collected those way back then because I wanted them, because I liked how they looked, because they interested me, not because I had to send them in. I also have learned a lot from just general collecting and also from grading. But grading in and of itself is not the be all end all of this hobby. What is is putting that last coin into an album that finally completes the journey of the album. What is is meeting other people and having interesting conversations about coins and collecting. What is is sitting down at a table and opening your coin box and remembering the places you went to find what you have and the stories attached to the coins in the box.

Remember, if you do come onto here, and ask a question, you will get answers. Sometimes the answers are not what you might want to hear, but I would think you would like to get the truthful answer to a question rather than an answer that deceives.

You can do as you wish, as is with all things in life. Just, there are things to consider in this hobby that have nothing to do with grading, and collecting can be done without it. Collecting can be done just because you like the way something looks. And that look does not have to be "perfect" either.

On 4/12/2024 at 3:26 PM, VKurtB said:

Larry, I know you disagree with me on this, and that’s okay. But there IS A RIGHT WAY AND A WRONG WAY TO DO THIS HOBBY. Actually quite a few of each. I will never pretend there isn’t in order to spare someone’s feelings. I am not wired that way; I never was; and I never will be. Allowing someone to continue to go astray is actually EVIL in its own right.

We don't have a problem, just a different way of teaching. We both get results. 

On 4/13/2024 at 10:44 AM, ldhair said:

We don't have a problem, just a different way of teaching. We both get results. 

I have always responded to the “tough love” approach, whether from physicians, psychologists (to deal with years of chronic unyielding pain), parenting, or college Classical Honor Code type of standards (we were obligated to rat one another out). I realize some people want or even need a “softer” approach. I’m glad you’re out there to offer that. I don’t consider myself capable of it. By the way, I hear my Alma Mater has gone “woke”. Makes me sad. 

On 4/12/2024 at 2:49 PM, ldhair said:

Some I agree with what you’re saying … I’m all for helping new people, only if they are willing to meet me half way and take in good advice about hobby … on daily basic we have people popping up with so called “error” coins they believe are errors because YouTube video told them so … why would they all sudden pop up on NGC chat forums ? I believe some older member on here have grown tired and grumpy of daily stuff that goes on in these forums …. You’re correct we can do better for some on here , I treat every new person on here with a welcome and little advice about coin or subject they are asking about …. However it usually turns out to be you can’t tell them anything they have their mind setup they are sending the coin in for grading or such  …. However few newbies have posted some interesting finds like the other day like the Close “AM”  Lincoln cent variety that a newbie found I would say who been listening to good advice on here did any of the other Newbies chime in to learn ? Not really ! So I can see why some on here are grumpy sometimes when some new folks just don’t want sit down and be patience , learn and listen to what long time contributors are saying on here 

Edited by Jason Abshier