• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is this?
1 1

16 posts in this topic

On 11/13/2023 at 9:46 AM, Chizin said:

Is this a dryer coin? Or has anyone seen anything similar?

A dryer coin is a very good possibility and would be my reply.   Sorry for the ridiculous two replies above mine from the forum troll, he is a nuisance and is not trying to be helpful just a problem.

To the OP, please ignore the posts made by dprince1138 as he has been incorrect or off topic on just about every post he has made here and is only trying to paint himself/herself as an "expert" to self promote his shady coin flipping business on Etsy/eBay.

That said, I would lean towards a dryer coin as it looks like the rim of the obverse started to wear down as well and a little heat got to it. There is a thread on the newbie section here from not too long ago started by one of the excellent members on here @Hoghead515 about dryer coins and what he found when he took his dryer apart. We learned there are many different levels and types of damage that occur, so that makes me stick to my response of dryer coin in this case.

On 11/13/2023 at 3:39 PM, dprince1138 said:

Apparently, no one puts pennies on a railroad track anymore. 

main-qimg-e07e5462722d9d1c8317aff31d9da858.jpg

My dad and my uncle were famous for these.

On 11/13/2023 at 3:35 PM, dprince1138 said:

Sure are a lot of confused people around.  Comprehension seems to be limited.

The only one here that seems confused is you. And your comprehension seems to be non existent. Your "limestone" wishing well coin photo has coins that look nothing like the OP's coin. And railroad coins also have nothing to do with the OP's coin either. 

To the OP, once again, please disregard this individuals commentary.

To me it looks like a beach coin found in the surf. Constantly back and forth in the salt water and very fine shifting sand. This coin may actually be from a beach in Rhode Island..:roflmao:

On 11/14/2023 at 6:27 AM, J P M said:

To me it looks like a beach coin found in the surf. Constantly back and forth in the salt water and very fine shifting sand. This coin may actually be from a beach in Rhode Island..:roflmao:

OMG! It is the Rhode Island quarter, the reverse of which was designed by Daniel Carr of Colorado, whom Roger Burdette insists has 5th grade art skills. In fact, if this coin WAS intentionally damaged, we may have an initial suspect in dear Roger.

[I am going to withhold comment.  The Trans-Siberian Railway runs thru ten times zones.  I don't know I am in the mood for another forced expulsion to Vladivostok...]  :facepalm: