• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Roosevelt Dime
1 1

9 posts in this topic

I agree with everyone else. Spend it. Every coin app Ive ever seen was wrong about values. I tried one out with a normal wheat cent that was of no value just to see if it identified it correctly. The app told me it was worth thousands. I see coin apps as a big problem to the hobby if they are giving misinformation like that. Gets new collectors thinking they really have something they dont. I rate all the ones Ive tried right up there with you tube and esty. 

Actually I think I started a thread about it a couple years ago warning new collectors not to trust them over the experience I had with them. 

Edited by Hoghead515

Even if that dime (which is very badly damaged), had some type of an error on it, being the date is unreadable, not even a TPG would accredit it as an error as coins that are dateless I think return in a body bag.

The only dateless coins I have seen in a slab are brockages where the obverse is a full brockage and there is basically no detail on the obverse, or in the case of a capped die in which the same condition of no details are left on the obverse.

Edited by powermad5000

On 7/26/2023 at 8:26 PM, POMOnative78 said:

my app says it may be a 1965 error coin

Please....burn, mutilate, destroy, or otherwise get ride of "your app." The dime is just damaged,

On 7/27/2023 at 11:05 AM, RWB said:

Please....burn, mutilate, destroy, or otherwise get ride of "your app." The dime is just damaged,

Funny how people want to believe everything just because it comes from an app. Apps can’t (yet) think.

AI merely organizes and selects from sources to which it has access. Garbage in, garbage out.