• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Major error discovered on kanakaole quarter
1 1

21 posts in this topic

Oh. My. GAWD. If this is what passes for a “major” error these days, then error collecting has lost ALL credibility.

On 7/26/2023 at 7:12 PM, VKurtB said:

Oh. My. GAWD. If this is what passes for a “major” error these days, then error collecting has lost ALL credibility.

Did you see the picture of the obverse? I was in agreement with you until I scrolled past the lead picture of the reverse.

On 7/27/2023 at 3:42 PM, Modwriter said:

I live on the west coast and rarely find Philadelphia mint coins in my change and if I do, they are not worth saving. I do hope to see someone here finds a few of these quarters.

I live on the east cost and I have a hard time finding D and S coins. I am still looking for a circulated 2023 D nickel for my Whitman book.

On 7/27/2023 at 1:24 PM, J P M said:

I live on the east cost and I have a hard time finding D and S coins. I am still looking for a circulated 2023 D nickel for my Whitman book.

I have one in this stack on my desk, I'll be happy to send it to you.  Has some lite wear and a couple scratches in the obv field that don't show in this photo.  Not a seller example but a good filler until you find a better example. 

20230727_133546.jpg

On 7/27/2023 at 4:46 PM, Coinbuf said:

I have one in this stack on my desk, I'll be happy to send it to you.  Has some lite wear and a couple scratches in the obv field that don't show in this photo.  Not a seller example but a good filler until you find a better example. 

20230727_133546.jpg

Thanks for the offer Coinbuf. I am sure one will stroll my way sooner or later. If I get the DT's I will give you a shout. LoL

Now the newbies have something to look for instead of boring us to death with parking lot coins post after post or so called errors and made up varieties and so on here …. Thank you to the US mint ! 

Edited by Jason Abshier

On 7/27/2023 at 10:38 PM, Just Bob said:

As I said before, pretty impressive clash.

I agree. Nice bold clash. It's not common for a clash to reach down in the devices of the die. It's fun to see something new being found. 

On 7/30/2023 at 8:08 AM, ldhair said:

It's not common for a clash to reach down in the devices of the die. It's fun to see something new being found

These are so bold because that area of the  is rather high on the obv die, and the letters of EDITH on the reverse die are raised not incuse as the lettering usually is.  So those raised letters made STRONG contact with the obverse DIE.