• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Back Home Again in Pennsylvania...

27 posts in this topic

On 4/7/2023 at 5:19 PM, RWB said:

Hope the wedding is as beautiful as you describe the bride!

:)

It is being held in the local museum. She is an artist. He is a computer geek.

Congrats on the new daughter in law and the new additions in the collection. I bet it feels good to be back to your hometown. I know I get homesick if I stay out of town for a couple weeks. It would drive me crazy to move to a different state. 

On 4/7/2023 at 5:49 PM, VKurtB said:

It is being held in the local museum. She is an artist. He is a computer geek.

This is often a good combination. My younger daughter and her husband are a similar combination.

Congratulations to you, your son, the bride and your extended family. :golfclap:

I just drove through PA, SW MI to Reading, and I guess I had the impression that PA was on the other side of the globe. Only took 9hrs and I'm definitely going back to hit up some auctions. Just have to do a little research to get the schedule down and plan accordingly.

Congrats to your son and new daughter, enjoy your time there.

Edited by J P M

On 4/7/2023 at 8:46 PM, Fenntucky Mike said:

Congratulations to you, your son, the bride and your extended family. :golfclap:

I just drove through PA, SW MI to Reading, and I guess I had the impression that PA was on the other side of the globe. Only took 9hrs and I'm definitely going back to hit up some auctions. Just have to do a little research to get the schedule down and plan accordingly.

I’ve only been to a few auctions in Pa., but enjoyed them. I’m considering the ANA in Pittsburgh this year. The last one was near Eisenhower’s place. They were having a WWII convention at the time. 

On 4/7/2023 at 8:46 PM, Fenntucky Mike said:

Reading is where I grew up. Reading High School Class of '73. 50 year reunion coming up soon. Keep an eye on auctionzip.com.

Edited by VKurtB

I just found out for sure that both of them will be joining my second wife and I at the Pittsburgh ANA show in August. My boy is a certified exhibit judge in European coinage. He only needs to take the refresher course. If the ladies get bored when he and I are judging exhibits, they'll have each other for entertainment and getting to know each other. His mom really behaved herself tonight at the rehearsal dinner. She didn't really have to. The second wife was the one invading her home turf. She played it ultra classy. I'm not sure my present wife could have been as gracious had the event been in Alabama.

Congratulations on the expansion of your family! I hope the day goes well and is enjoyable! And a true coin collector : can't pass up a good coin auction no matter what the occasion! (thumbsu

On 4/7/2023 at 11:53 PM, VKurtB said:

I just found out for sure that both of them will be joining my second wife and I at the Pittsburgh ANA show in August. My boy is a certified exhibit judge in European coinage. He only needs to take the refresher course. If the ladies get bored when he and I are judging exhibits, they'll have each other for entertainment and getting to know each other. His mom really behaved herself tonight at the rehearsal dinner. She didn't really have to. The second wife was the one invading her home turf. She played it ultra classy. I'm not sure my present wife could have been as gracious had the event been in Alabama.

If I end up going to Pittsburgh, I’ll drop by and say hello.

The town has gone through some tough times, but Reading seems to be on a rising trajectory. The downtown AA (ECHL) hockey arena and the Doubletree across the street, where we stayed, would make a great venue for a largish coin show.

On 4/9/2023 at 10:31 PM, VKurtB said:

The town has gone through some tough times, but Reading seems to be on a rising trajectory. The downtown AA (ECHL) hockey arena and the Doubletree across the street, where we stayed, would make a great venue for a largish coin show.

Is the arena bigger than the Dalton venue?  More importantly, CONGRATS on the new addition to the family!!! I hope your son is not as ornery as you are.....!!! Did I just type out loud again :whistle:

I'm once again visiting your "current" home state VKurt at my buddy's lake house in Abalama on Lake Martin.  I just logged in on the forum and saw your post. Congrats again and I'm very happy for you and your family. 👍

On 4/10/2023 at 2:24 AM, GBrad said:

VKurt at my buddy's lake house in Abalama on Lake Martin.

Yes mister VKurtB  congratulations!!  Oh lookie we have someone from LA here (Lower Alabama)  hahahaha 

On 4/10/2023 at 1:24 AM, GBrad said:

Is the arena bigger than the Dalton venue?  More importantly, CONGRATS on the new addition to the family!!! I hope your son is not as ornery as you are.....!!! Did I just type out loud again :whistle:

I'm once again visiting your "current" home state VKurt at my buddy's lake house in Abalama on Lake Martin.  I just logged in on the forum and saw your post. Congrats again and I'm very happy for you and your family. 👍

The arena is larger than Dalton, which is more of a basketball arena if I'm remembering right. Reading is a deep bowl hockey arena that can seat over 8,000 in the permanent seating. A bourse would go nicely either over the ice, or scheduled after hockey season. There is even dealer overflow in the concourse halfway up the bowl. The Doubletree even has a ballroom and a plethora of meeting rooms. The only downside is the lack of commercial passenger air. Anyone flying would need to land at Harrisburg, Allentown, or Philly. On the plus side, Amtrak will soon initiate passenger rail that will drop people literally AT the west end of the arena.

Edited by VKurtB

On 4/10/2023 at 5:23 AM, JT2 said:

Oh lookie we have someone from LA here (Lower Alabama)  hahahaha 

Yeah, I came down here to fish in a tournament. I worked relentlessly over the last few months to get my baby ready to go.  However, an hour after I launched her, she decided to die on me leaving me stranded. Go figure……

On 4/10/2023 at 2:23 PM, GBrad said:

Yeah, I came down here to fish in a tournament. I worked relentlessly over the last few months to get my baby ready to go.  However, an hour after I launched her, she decided to die on me leaving me stranded. Go figure……

Boats, Bikes and RV's ya never know Greg.

Edited by J P M

On 4/10/2023 at 3:46 PM, J P M said:

Boats, Bikes and RV's ya never know Greg.

You got that right JP!!!! It’s always something isn’t it!!!🙄

On 4/10/2023 at 9:18 AM, VKurtB said:

My new license plate is in:

IMG_0496.thumb.jpeg.73a161bccd9ab59c185846cc31c8cee1.jpeg

Of ALL people……. You should know better that you must orient your pics properly!!! Geese…… (I get the joke though)😁.

On 4/10/2023 at 2:23 PM, GBrad said:

an hour after I launched her, she decided to die on me leaving me stranded.

i used to go fishing all of the time back in my old work days since we worked mostly nights and weekend.... So i bought a sweet little 19' fish and ski.  worked on her for months making sure everything worked like a champ...  took her out a few times and then she let me down...  started working so much i had to sell her because she was rotting to the ground :(    just like it... boats..............

On 4/10/2023 at 6:08 PM, GBrad said:

Of ALL people……. You should know better that you must orient your pics properly!!! Geese…… (I get the joke though)😁.

No matter how I oriented it on my Mac, it came out upside down when I uploaded it here. Doh!

On 4/11/2023 at 11:11 AM, VKurtB said:

No matter how I oriented it on my Mac

Thers you problem!!  hahahahah 

On 4/11/2023 at 11:11 AM, VKurtB said:

it came out upside down when I uploaded it here

It that reverse chronomatic negative effect with the forward osmosis drain  that you applied....  hahhahah

On 4/10/2023 at 10:18 AM, VKurtB said:

We made it back to Arab....

My new license plate is in:

IMG_0496.thumb.jpeg.73a161bccd9ab59c185846cc31c8cee1.jpeg

I take it the '65 plate didn't pass muster with local or state officials. 

On 4/15/2023 at 8:53 PM, Henri Charriere said:

On 4/15/2023 at 8:53 PM, Henri Charriere said:

Oh, it's fine. But it is going on the front of my "other" new car, which is horribly late from the plant, originally estimated to be in last November, but now estimated for May 2023. It is THE MOST TRICKED OUT car I ever will have owned. No option left behind. It will be my Coinshowmobile. It just so happened that both my wife and I had been dragging around 200,000+ mile cars at least 16 years old. These will likely be my last cars ever.

Edited by VKurtB