• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pocket Piece
1 1

20 posts in this topic

I would like to have a Morgan and a Saint that are each worn so that I can hold them in my hand, if not carry in my pocket (good way to lose 'em xD).

An AU common Morgan should cost $30 or less, but an AU common Saint is gonna cost ~ $2,000.

Better make sure the pockets don't have any holes.....:)

I never have been even tempted to carry a pocket piece. Heck, now that I’m retired, some days I barely put on PANTS! Since the beginning of December, I’ve only driven my car three times. 

On 1/14/2023 at 7:31 PM, zadok said:

...yes i carry a pocket piece...it was minted at the SW mint, its .357 diam...its also "fool" PROOF...probably xf45 n the toning is marginal....

I also have a pocket piece something like that. Its also .357 in diameter. Mine was minted at a little bit cheaper mint but its still a very nice piece to carry around. Its got 6 holes all the way around the rim of it.  The toning is kinda blueish and its worn in a few places. Got a little rub on it in a couple spots where pack it every single day. But I still like it very much. Not to awful heavy neither. 

On 1/14/2023 at 7:22 PM, Hoghead515 said:

I also have a pocket piece something like that. Its also .357 in diameter. Mine was minted at a little bit cheaper mint but its still a very nice piece to carry around. Its got 6 holes all the way around the rim of it.  The toning is kinda blueish and its worn in a few places. Got a little rub on it in a couple spots where pack it every single day. But I still like it very much. Not to awful heavy neither. 

Mine is a Taurus in .327 Federal Magnum. I no longer need a permit to carry it in Alabama. We went Constitutional Carry on 1/1/23. It’s a sweet narrow package, and the cartridges are slim but LONG. 

On 1/14/2023 at 12:41 PM, Just Bob said:

I carried this one for several years, to see if I could wear the cleaning hairlines off of it. It is now wrapped in a napkin, to see if/how it tones.

260985741_100_1674(2).JPG.07899b0b2d3004abf830b1272d85fab4.jpg

1939228081_100_1675(2).JPG.199dfefb5c7e167582d6040102d3183c.jpg

The green background threw the color off on the coin. It’s not that magenta. 

On 1/14/2023 at 9:04 PM, VKurtB said:

Mine is a Taurus in .327 Federal Magnum. I no longer need a permit to carry it in Alabama. We went Constitutional Carry on 1/1/23. It’s a sweet narrow package, and the cartridges are slim but LONG. 

They done that here also. I keep my CCDW permit still yet cause its very handy for background checks. I can buy one and give them that card  and be out the door in less than 10 minutes. 

On 1/14/2023 at 9:04 PM, VKurtB said:

...love the .327 cartridge, slim n long a great combo...'bama has some great ideas,reminds me of the "dont tread on me" boys from the 18th century who carried  as well....

On 1/15/2023 at 1:28 AM, MorganMan said:

Mine has a weird Mint Mark :grin:

mm.jpg

Oklahoma City maybe?  :insane:

But back on topic, I have this one that came back cleaned, but I still am scared to carry it everyday, just days when I wear my jeans that don't have holes in the pockets.

89ccobv.jpg

89ccrev.jpg

Very nice pocket piece(s) . The reason I carry the Morgan I do is because I have a zip up pocket in my wallet I keep it in. If I didnt have that I probably wouldnt carry it. Im bad about losing things in my regular pockets. Mines full of holes also. Compress_20230115_131301_1870.thumb.jpg.d3d1de45c400cc48e30ea33e1034a714.jpg

Edited by Hoghead515

I have some worn Morgan, Peace, and Franklins that I've inherited over the years.  I actually should run their condition (mostly AU and below) and year/mintmark by you all some time just to make sure I don't have a semi-rare one that might be worth 3-5x the silver value.

Edited by GoldFinger1969

On 1/14/2023 at 8:05 PM, VKurtB said:

The green background threw the color off on the coin. It’s not that magenta. 

Good catch. I did not realize that the background would have that much effect on the silver/gray color of the coin.