• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any thing you found in change purchased or otherwise obtained.
2 2

250 posts in this topic

So I do have something to report I purchased two rolls for big bucks like $25 a roll but I got some neat stuff 2 1923-s cents,5 1924-s cents, one 1921-s cent, 5 1909 cents and alot of 1920's and 1930's wheat cents along with two sets of 1915 p/d/s. I feel I got my moneys worth. I realize this was a blind sale however I look for people who sell alot of junk and may have a roll or two for sale but not alot of coins because chances are they don't collect coins and bought it at the good will or a yard sale and sometimes you luck out. I do advise asking questions though like what's at both ends of the rolls? I got 1923-s,1909,1922 and 1923-s so I made my decision on to buy because I need more 1923-s to fill a page which i'm close but not yet. I did find the 1922 but it's heavily corroded with a decent obverse but almost flat reverse so valueless but fun to collect also a coin I don't have a full page of yet. No such luck on the 1909 s vdb cent I did pay for it however the seller refuses to send until February 26 for no reason what so ever. I believe I am due a refund if they never send it but it's better to not request one and let them deal with their own conscience.      

On 1/19/2023 at 12:57 PM, pigeonman333rd said:

So I do have something to report I purchased two rolls for big bucks like $25 a roll but I got some neat stuff 2 1923-s cents,5 1924-s cents, one 1921-s cent, 5 1909 cents and alot of 1920's and 1930's wheat cents along with two sets of 1915 p/d/s. I feel I got my moneys worth. I realize this was a blind sale however I look for people who sell alot of junk and may have a roll or two for sale but not alot of coins because chances are they don't collect coins and bought it at the good will or a yard sale and sometimes you luck out. I do advise asking questions though like what's at both ends of the rolls? I got 1923-s,1909,1922 and 1923-s so I made my decision on to buy because I need more 1923-s to fill a page which i'm close but not yet. I did find the 1922 but it's heavily corroded with a decent obverse but almost flat reverse so valueless but fun to collect also a coin I don't have a full page of yet. No such luck on the 1909 s vdb cent I did pay for it however the seller refuses to send until February 26 for no reason what so ever. I believe I am due a refund if they never send it but it's better to not request one and let them deal with their own conscience.      

He refuses to sent it ??? that is bologna your 30 days will be up and you can not get a refund if you submit to late.

I would request that they send the coin purchased now or issue a refund.  eBay has policies about receiving an item within a reasonable amount of time, and that's not reasonable.  You can also get help from the card company used for the purchase.

If you still really want the coin you can always offer to pay for it when they are ready to send it, after you get the refund.

Edited by EagleRJO

I can no longer offer advice.  The beauty of collecting is that one can collect whatever they want; however they want.  I have routinely tried to advise on collecting approaches that maximize quality and enjoyment while minimizing financial losses and pain.  However, I am coming to realize that the OP is happy with his strategy, and is now going into this eyes-wide-open.  His strategy is counter to mine, and this is HIS hobby... so, that's perfectly okay.  Some are just masochistic, and I don't need to understand it - just accept it.  

I wish you all the luck in the world.

On 1/20/2023 at 2:38 AM, pigeonman333rd said:

Etsy doesn't really do refunds I have tried.

I would still request a refund and then pay again when it can be sent. I have no idea about Etsy purchases, so I would dispute the charges through your card company until they send the coin.

Edited by EagleRJO

On 1/20/2023 at 1:29 PM, EagleRJO said:

I would still request a refund and then pay again when it can be sent. I have no idea about Etsy purchases, so I would dispute the charges through your card company until they send the coin.

I tried to get a refund but they say it's in the mail and tracker shows it.

So I searched 425.00 in change and results varied I found a 1939sand 1938s cent in extra fine condition. I found one roll of 1940-1958 wheat cents plus one 1943-s steel cent. I found two buffalo nickels a 1925 p and a 1937 p. The 1937 p is in decent condition the 1925 has a faint date. I have yet to open one box of cents and one box of dimes. I found no silver quarters or silver nickels I filled two holes in my nickel book 1940p and 1957p. I don't have much more to report other than I found one 1923-s cent on the ground which was cool but covered in cement still shows full wheat reverse but cement on obverse but date and Lincoln clearly visible with rough cement surface. I did however find 5 or more 1931 p cents in hand wrapped roll so nothing special this coin roll hunt. I do hope to find some Indian heads in the next box wish me luck! So what's every body else finding? Happy coin roll hunting!

I received almost $2 back in Canadian coins this past week, over several transactions. Coins from north of the border are not uncommon in my neck of the woods but that amount received in change is unusual. I had to pick up a new set of Whitmans to stick them in. I can usually fill Canadian cents, 5 cents and 10 cents folders every 5-10 years from circulation, and a little assistance towards the end.20230124_191726.thumb.jpg.6e2402f63ecb804dc7d7c04bfacdb169.jpg