• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anyone know values on the 2019 cent DDO?
1 1

10 posts in this topic

I don't see evidence of a doubled die. I see a zero that looks like something hit it, not too hard, but hard enough to indent the upper left part.

I do think this may be a minor DDO (but I will let the others weigh in, because I am not an expert here).  The post of the date looks a little thick (9 in particular), and there may be slight splits to the serifs under high magnification.  I agree that the 0 has a bump, and that's just damage.

If it is a DDO, it is very minor.  I would not imagine that a collector will pay any measurable premium for the coin.

Link to Wexlers to look for other die markers:

http://doubleddie.com/2474337.html

Edited by The Neophyte Numismatist

Class IX doubling from the single squeeze process has always been difficult for me to determine.  Most are very minor and it's hard to pick out characteristics like split serifs.  I agree with what @The Neophyte Numismatist said, go to www.doubleddie.com and look for an EXACT match

I found one last year. Not sure it is worth anything but the fun in finding it. Maybe if it was in a holder with the identification of a DDO-001 it may be if someone wanted it ??? There are some markers to look for the 2 and 0 odd shape. Funny looking eye. Die crack on the forehead and a die gouge above the N in cent on the reverse. Here are some shots of my cent. You may want to compare at Variety Vista for yours. http://varietyvista.com/01e LC Doubled Dies Vol 5/2019PDDO001.htm

S20211027_0002.jpg

S20211027_0003.jpg

S20220208_0001.jpg

Edited by J P M

Please don't listen to these comments. That is a massive DDO and easily on of the strongest single squeeze examples in all of the shield cents. Absolutely beautiful. I have 2 myself (wddo-011). 

On 1/29/2024 at 9:26 PM, Paul Sasso said:

That is a massive DDO

Excuse me, but I would not say massive is the appropriate term here. I just took a minute to look these up and found one for $7 with no bids.

On 1/29/2024 at 10:26 PM, Paul Sasso said:

That is a massive DDO ...

On 1/29/2024 at 11:15 PM, powermad5000 said:

Excuse me, but I would not say massive is the appropriate term here.

First, the topic is from 2022 with the op long gone (caught again PM :whistle:), so it's pointless responding to them.  Second, the only thing "massive" is how the extra thickness of the date is described by Wexler's for a WDDO-011 (varies from that down to "light" for the 2 dozen or so DDs).

However, I do agree that 1C DDO-011 is pretty significant for post single-squeeze hubbing given the doubling not only of the date but other elements as well.  Most of them you can barely notice.

Ya it sounds like massive $7 for a small DDO. Maybe I should send mine in so I can retire. I think the postage is more than $7.