• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver Mine ~ Post your Silver Bullion
2 2

411 posts in this topic

For some of us older collectors, tastefully reproduced classic coins are right up our alley.  In recent years, perhaps due to changing clientele, the pandemic, sales... the I-mint has modified their emphasis to include Molon Labe material and lately UFO's while continuing to offer collectors old classics. I wholeheartedly recommend them and want to emphasize look-alike U.S. coinage are, or were, very often "minted" in 1/4 z, 1/2 z and 2 oz sizes, exquisitely rendered with great detail (sometimes made available in "antiqued" silver versions) and micro-printed with the Intagliglio imprimatur.  The collaboration between members @Buffalo Head and @Lem E is unique!  These guys are the best!  (thumbsu

You know a lot of older collectors frown down on bullion collecting “it’s only worth melt value” “why did you pay higher for it?” I’ve been asked this many of time from other collectors when I collect low mintage silver bullion …Me however I do see a market in the near future for “low mintage” silver bullion no matter what our newer generation of coin collectors like modern silver bullion … low mintage figures is the key to collectible modern silver bullion …

same could be said why a collector pay so much money for a common date Morgan ? When a worn down Morgan is only worth melt well if that’s the case (shouldn’t a $400 Morgan be only worth melt as well? No no that numismatic highly collectible) Or why do they shell out so much money for a high graded Buffalo nickel that has no precious metal in what so ever ?  

On 4/16/2023 at 6:25 AM, Jason Abshier said:

You know a lot of older collectors frown down on bullion collecting “it’s only worth melt value” “why did you pay higher for it?” I’ve been asked this many of time from other collectors when I collect low mintage silver bullion …Me however I do see a market in the near future for “low mintage” silver bullion no matter what our newer generation of coin collectors like modern silver bullion … low mintage figures is the key to collectible modern silver bullion …

same could be said why a collector pay so much money for a common date Morgan ? When a worn down Morgan is only worth melt well if that’s the case (shouldn’t a $400 Morgan be only worth melt as well? No no that numismatic highly collectible) Or why do they shell out so much money for a high graded Buffalo nickel that has no precious metal in what so ever ?  

...the only way u will know is when/if u go to sell it in the future....

On 4/16/2023 at 9:59 AM, zadok said:

...the only way u will know is when/if u go to sell it in the future....

@zadok I’m starting to see a market where people don’t care about paying very high premium over spot prices for certain types of low mintage 1oz silver rounds made by certain mints from around the world …. So I do see a future into that type of collecting as well as getting silver rounds graded for that purpose 

I try to keep silver “stacking” separate from “collecting” certain types of low mintage silver rounds I’m talking low low 3,000 or less some issues 500 or less … although it’s our newer generation of collectors are attracted to this bullion market they aren’t buying it strictly for melt or bullion I see a lot of them investing into as a collection. Just like we collect classic coinage