• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Collector Coin with Augmented Reality
1 1

25 posts in this topic

On 9/21/2022 at 8:15 PM, tigerbait said:

What is the Augmented Reality portion?  It's cool looking.

After downloading the phone app. You place your phone over the coin and the  male and female Robots walk toward one another and embrace. The youtube video in my post shows the augmented reality portion at the end of the quick video. It's a cool gimmick.

On 9/21/2022 at 8:30 PM, VKurtB said:

Swiss and Mexican banknotes with similar features were shown at the ANA show in Rosemont. 

Crazy technology, who would have thought banknotes and coins would be affected by this confounded and convoluted technology. :)

On 9/21/2022 at 6:29 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

This coin deserves a comment.  Here's mine...  If I, a traditional coin collector, were warned I would be charged with sedition, or some other High Crime, for simply stating publicly here i/f/o God and every member, that I like this coin, I would do so unreservedly and unapologetically, come what may.

You've breached a few barriers here, YouTube, being one, and breathtaking photography and presentation, being another.

I LIKE THE COIN!  I am prepared to receive my punishment.  😉 

Thank you Quintus Arrius. 

50 lashes with a wet noodle coming right up! 

This coin has a way of sucking in even the most devout of traditional coin collectors. I fell for it lol. The augmented gimmick is just that, but the coin is breathtaking and well designed.

On 9/22/2022 at 7:42 PM, RWB said:

The three dependency atolls....

Never before--(and likely since)--has any member introduced the word "atoll" on this Forum.  Yes, I checked!  Nice.  😉 

On 9/21/2022 at 8:30 PM, VKurtB said:

Swiss and Mexican banknotes with similar features were shown at the ANA show in Rosemont. 

[Aside:  I recall a news article many years ago announcing the introduction of a plastic polymer bank note in Australia. It sounded like it made practical sense--$USD scarcely survive two years in circulation--but to my knowledge, there hasn't been a word said about it since.  AR, whether on coins or currency, sounds futuristic, but I'll bet there is someone waiting in the wings ready to suggest it's all a government plot to track people.]  🤔   :makepoint:  :baiting:  doh!  :roflmao:

So you download a special app that when run and pointed at a specific coin it recognizes it and runs a youtube video.  Why am I not impressed?

Edited by Conder101

On 9/28/2022 at 4:34 AM, Conder101 said:

So you download a special app that when run and pointed at a specific coin it recognizes it and runs a youtube video.  Why am I not impressed?

That’s not quite it, at least for the Swiss and Mexican banknotes. Shapes appear to “grow out of” features on the banknotes.