• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mis struck Coins ~ Post your Mint Errors
1 1

62 posts in this topic

On 8/7/2022 at 8:52 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

You big show off! Gorgeous collection, as always. @zadok didn't like what i was doing over on mine, glad they've found something fun, over here. Keep em coming! 

...not a question of like nor dislike just an issue of it didnt contribute anything meaningful to the forum or its members....

On 8/8/2022 at 12:26 PM, VKurtB said:

Yeah……. I’ve been an active numismatist for 59 years and next week will receive the Glenn Smedley service award from the ANA. But yes, I am a hyper blunt Boomer who thinks most younger folks are miseducated. And that includes my own son (27) who attended a la de dah upscale public school system (same school where Taylor Swift grew up) in Pennsylvania. 

...okay, but can he sing?....

On 8/8/2022 at 5:29 PM, zadok said:

...not a question of like nor dislike just an issue of it didnt contribute anything meaningful to the forum or its members....

Well, you've certainly got me on that one, lol. If there's an ignore option, you might want to add me because I'll never add anything meaningful to anything online. I prefer to save that for real life. Best to you and yours! 

On 8/8/2022 at 4:35 PM, zadok said:

...okay, but can he sing?....

If he can, his mom will put his kiester on stage. His mom was a community theater diva. I also was a musical performer. Three musicals. Two plays. 

Edited by VKurtB

On 8/9/2022 at 6:19 AM, J P Mashoke said:

Welcome to the forum . Nice collection of coins. I am sure it took a few days to get that collection together. I have been change hunting for years and don't have a handful. LoL

Thank you JP and good luck in your change hunting.

On 8/10/2022 at 8:21 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

Sure! Where they print the mint marks on the coins! 

Hoo boy! I realize you’re probably kidding but there are beginners all over the place. Coins have nothing to do with printing. Beginners misuse this terminology all the time, so we need to be careful not to encourage sloppy use of language here. 

Edited by VKurtB

On 8/11/2022 at 7:06 PM, ShinyObjects said:

Here is one you don't see everyday.

A double struck Lincoln with double dates.

20210402_123836 (1).jpg

20210402_124003.jpg

20210402_123718.jpg

So this one.. struck, flipped and struck again... really cool!

Edited by The Neophyte Numismatist
comma

On 8/9/2022 at 12:24 AM, Just Bob said:

Welcome to the forum, Mr. Shiny. Nice group of error coins.

Here is one of mine:

85822.jpg.2c1a0ca2043200437f2c859882297587.jpg

85823.jpg.636ad82a0b517263417616cad5fdda36.jpg

This is a pleasant surprise!  I had you typecast as the face of tokens. I like your trademark, Welcome to the forum.