• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mis struck Coins ~ Post your Mint Errors
1 1

62 posts in this topic

...interesting thread quite original idea...impressive collection n very nice presentation...especially found the center waffle coin appropriate for its position...those, as i am sure u know, were intentionally done that way by the mint after finding them to be flawed...some where i have a few of those on quarters if i find them ill post...welcome to the forum....

On 8/7/2022 at 6:44 PM, RWB said:

Nice group of off-center coins -- except for the top center which is a deliberately "waffled" coin.

Maple syrup or blueberry?

On 8/7/2022 at 6:37 PM, zadok said:

...interesting thread quite original idea...impressive collection n very nice presentation...especially found the center waffle coin appropriate for its position...those, as i am sure u know, were intentionally done that way by the mint after finding them to be flawed...some where i have a few of those on quarters if i find them ill post...welcome to the forum....

Thank you Zadok for the complements and warm welcome.

On 8/7/2022 at 4:40 PM, ShinyObjects said:

Mis stuck coins are unique and highly collectable.20211111_224243.thumb.jpg.939071b01ffbb1ec7bf5ee09714f5b05.jpg Here are some mis struck error coins from my collection. 

Please post some of yours 

Cheers!

20211127_000957.thumb.jpg.8d3ba055e62e43b8d114927fc5d4982a.jpg20211127_000716.thumb.jpg.d31b835353af4af347147989e034b1f2.jpg

20211127_000957.jpg

You big show off! Gorgeous collection, as always. @zadok didn't like what i was doing over on mine, glad they've found something fun, over here. Keep em coming! 

On 8/7/2022 at 7:44 PM, RWB said:

Nice group of off-center coins -- except for the top center which is a deliberately "waffled" coin.

Thanks RWB. I put the waffle coin in the center for looks.

I knew when I put that waffle in there,  someone would call me out. ;)

On 8/7/2022 at 8:52 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

You big show off! Gorgeous collection, as always. @zadok didn't like what i was doing over on mine, glad they've found something fun, over here. Keep em coming! 

Hey brother long time no see. Feels good to chat about and share photos of coins again, like the old days:)

Thanks for the compliments CJ73

On 8/7/2022 at 9:57 PM, ShinyObjects said:

Wirh all the coinage you forage through it's gotta be probable. 

"Forage"! If you only knew how right you are, lol. Really nice to have another brother over here. Although i gotta admit, this @Quintus Arrius guy has been nothing but a gentleman, showing me the ropes, although his vocabulary is bananas, and this @VKurtB can be a little rough around the edges, but he appears to be new to the hobby, and very hard to please. i give him a permanent pass though, as he gave my coin finds the moniker "nothingburgers", which i luv, so I'm indebted to him. Just kidding @VKurtB, i know you're not new to the hobby, but I'm not taking back rough around the edges! Lol. See @ShinyObjects? Couple good people here, too, but definitely nice to have you around brother. Enjoy the upcoming week, don't work too hard!

On 8/7/2022 at 10:22 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

"Forage"! If you only knew how right you are, lol. Really nice to have another brother over here. Although i gotta admit, this @Quintus Arrius guy has been nothing but a gentleman, showing me the ropes, although his vocabulary is bananas, and this @VKurtB can be a little rough around the edges, but he appears to be new to the hobby, and very hard to please. i give him a permanent pass though, as he gave my coin finds the moniker "nothingburgers", which i luv, so I'm indebted to him. Just kidding @VKurtB, i know you're not new to the hobby, but I'm not taking back rough around the edges! Lol. See @ShinyObjects? Couple good people here, too, but definitely nice to have you around brother. Enjoy the upcoming week, don't work too hard!

Thanks for the kind words and brief synopsis:) 

On 8/7/2022 at 9:22 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

this @VKurtB can be a little rough around the edges, but he appears to be new to the hobby,

Yeah……. I’ve been an active numismatist for 59 years and next week will receive the Glenn Smedley service award from the ANA. But yes, I am a hyper blunt Boomer who thinks most younger folks are miseducated. And that includes my own son (27) who attended a la de dah upscale public school system (same school where Taylor Swift grew up) in Pennsylvania. 

Edited by VKurtB

On 8/8/2022 at 12:26 PM, VKurtB said:

Yeah……. I’ve been an active numismatist for 59 years and next week will receive the Glenn Smedley service award from the ANA. But yes, I am a hyper blunt Boomer who thinks most younger folks are miseducated. 

Hehe! This is why i luv ya! And congrats on the award, I'm not familiar with any of it, but it sounds very highfalutin, or is that high society? I think i made that first word up, actually. But i do offer you a sincere congratulations. And you know I'm just having fun with the newbie thing. Everyone, I'm just having fun with the @VKurtB being a YN stuff, ok? He's been an active numismatist for 59 years, and next week, will receive the Glenn Smedley service award from the ANA, ok? So leave him alone. See? Got your back, my man! 

Have a super week, everyone! 

On 8/8/2022 at 11:41 AM, CoinJockey73 said:

Hehe! This is why i luv ya! And congrats on the award, I'm not familiar with any of it, but it sounds very highfalutin, or is that high society? I think i made that first word up, actually. But i do offer you a sincere congratulations. And you know I'm just having fun with the newbie thing. Everyone, I'm just having fun with the @VKurtB being a YN stuff, ok? He's been an active numismatist for 59 years, and next week, will receive the Glenn Smedley service award from the ANA, ok? So leave him alone. See? Got your back, my man! 

Have a super week, everyone! 

And two of my bestest buddies  in the field have received / are receiving the ANA highest honors - the last Zerbe Award and the first Krause Award, Kerry Wetterstrom and Tom Uram respectively. 

On 8/8/2022 at 12:45 PM, VKurtB said:

And two of my bestest buddies  in the field have received / are receiving the ANA highest honors - the last Zerbe Award and the first Krause Award, Kerry Wetterstrom and Tom Uram respectively. 

Truly, outstanding. Congrats to all, around. 

On 8/8/2022 at 1:33 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

I'm having trouble wrapping my head around the whole @ShinyObjects name. Been calling you ETR for a while now! I'll manage, lol

The ETR handle was already taken here, so I had to pick something different. I guess we will have to get used to it.