• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NGC Price Guide
1 1

13 posts in this topic

I'm sure this has been asked before.  How or what does NGC base their price guide on?

Never mind.  Think I found it....

The NGC US Coin Price Guide shows average dealer retail prices based on actual, documented transactions and other information reported by collectors, dealers and auction houses for NGC-certified coins. For important details, click here.

On 6/3/2022 at 4:09 PM, The Neophyte Numismatist said:

I did exactly the same, and got the same results.  We know that price guides are inflated - the wives? (tsk).  

LoL  I am lucky my wife is at every purchase. Or she knows what I pay for every coin. She knows the coin game that the price chart is close to high retail and not what she will get for them when I am gone. I tell her to cry a lot when she goes to sell them it may help to get a little better price.:roflmao: 

On 6/3/2022 at 8:14 PM, VKurtB said:

It’s my wife that keeps pushing me

I have the same issue she loves proof Indian cents!!  oh my goodness when they get the deep colors she cant keep her hands off of them...  i am telling her honey we cant afford those but she strill gets them.............

A "Price Guide" is intended to show or indicate a course, or is a list of approximations intended to assist users. It is not an absolute set of values, nor is it necessarily consistently derived from identical sources.

On 6/4/2022 at 1:19 PM, JT2 said:

I have the same issue she loves proof Indian cents!!  oh my goodness when they get the deep colors she cant keep her hands off of them...  i am telling her honey we cant afford those but she strill gets them.............

I wish I had that. Ive seen some nice ones she talked me out of buying. But the good way to look at it is she keeps me in check. Makes sure I dont go over my budget. 

On 6/4/2022 at 3:47 PM, Hoghead515 said:

I dont go over my budget. 

Sometimes it is really hard to stay within the budget.  Some coins are just so beautiful it,s painful to pass them up.

On 6/4/2022 at 5:38 PM, Hoghead515 said:

It sure is. Ive been broken hearted more than once in this hobby. I spent a little more than I was allowed to once or twice. Also got a few coins she didnt know about. Thats why she got tore up when she seen it. She tries to check the mail now before me now but I got someone working for me on the inside. The boys check it and hide the packages for me before she gets home. :idea:  So Im not really lying to her. Im just not telling her. I made a promise to her Id never lie but I never promised Id volunteer info. If she dont ask I dont tell. 

Oh you sly devil you.   :roflmao: