• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I get these graded?

9 posts in this topic

I don't think any of the three are worth the "grading" cost. The gold $5 has damage that would likely prevent grading, and it's a low-end scratched coin. The others are not worth the fees and postage. Just my opinion -- others will differ, and that's OK.

The RWB is absoluty correct.  none of these coins would pass the threshhold of making up for the cost of shipping and grading.  they are nice but all are damaged and cleaned.  Maybe we can get the RWB to hold an online class??  once a week may not be enough.

I too would pick the 3-cent but that is going by what I can see on my phone and not having the coins in hand.  The gold I can see clearly looks cleaned and scratched.  I'd have to look up their values too first to consider.  If low but I still wanted them slabbed, this may be when you consider one of those ANACS specials with the free return shipping.  I still wouldn't send a coin if I thought it could get "Details" on it's label.