• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Missing packages
1 1

15 posts in this topic

On 4/8/2022 at 8:01 AM, jtryka said:

Last year I had a submission that I sent registered and although the post office showed it was delivered after a week or so, it did not show up as having been received at NGC in my submission tracking.  I came to learn that when there are long backlogs, NGC will sign for the packages and store them in a secure vault on site until they have the capacity to open the packages and log in the submissions.  At that time it was a big backlog time and might have added a couple weeks to the process.  I haven't had this issue with my last submission last month.

And to add a bit, NGC now has, as part of there website, an option to enter the tracking number to see when they received the submission. It’s a nice addition.

The two major TPGs are backed up; of that there is no doubt.  Sent in 3 submissions ATS and two were completed and returned four weeks ago.  The third has just now moved from Grading to Encapsulation.  I suppose we have no recorse but to accept 'missing, lost, misplaced, back order, etc. etc.

On 4/8/2022 at 12:55 PM, GoldFinger1969 said:

For coins or for all other grading items ?

All I know is people are reporting the delay in 'coin' grading.  Haven't submitted any currency lately so I don't know about that.

Recently I submitted two orders, one the regular "early bird submission" that was received on 3/15 and shipped back to me on 3/29 which I thought was great.  The other submission was economy and that was received the same time (I shipped them in the same package) and is currently in "grading/quality control" which seems to fit in the current 29 working day turnaround for that tier. 

On 4/8/2022 at 6:56 PM, jtryka said:

Recently I submitted two orders, one the regular "early bird submission" that was received on 3/15 and shipped back to me on 3/29 which I thought was great.  The other submission was economy and that was received the same time (I shipped them in the same package) and is currently in "grading/quality control" which seems to fit in the current 29 working day turnaround for that tier. 

I can’t help here. I only drop off coins at shows where NGC has a booth. I REALLY REALLY hate shipping stuff. I do it only as a very last resort. I’m NEVER in a hurry. 

Call me irresponsible, but I've always found it easier to accept a check from the USPS than to sell coins on an individual basis.

Just one more reason to not undervalue submissions......

Edited by thebeav

On 4/8/2022 at 8:01 AM, jtryka said:

Last year I had a submission that I sent registered and although the post office showed it was delivered after a week or so, it did not show up as having been received at NGC in my submission tracking.  I came to learn that when there are long backlogs, NGC will sign for the packages and store them in a secure vault on site until they have the capacity to open the packages and log in the submissions.  At that time it was a big backlog time and might have added a couple weeks to the process.  I haven't had this issue with my last submission last month.

Yep me too

Just remember that if you ship USPS Registered they will always know who had it last (and who will lose their job if the package is not found)