• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help! Is this Coin Worth a Lot?

14 posts in this topic

RE: "Help! Is this Coin Worth a Lot?"

Nope. It's a very poor quality fake. (The rare ones are dated 1805 and come in hand painted colors.)

On further consideration, it's not worth an alley, or an easement, or even a temporary right-of-way.... ;)

Edited by RWB

Definately a fake and a bad fake at that. If its silver then its just worth the value of the silver in it. 

Nevermind. It went over my head this was a joke. :roflmao:

Edited by Hoghead515

On 4/1/2022 at 4:11 PM, Hoghead515 said:

Definately a fake and a bad fake at that. If its silver then its just worth the value of the silver in it. 

Nevermind. It went over my head this was a joke. :roflmao:

If you were an old geezer like me the name JB Tipton would have tipped you off. John Baresford Tipton was the benefactor in a show popular in the 50's called The Millionaire. 

On 4/2/2022 at 1:32 PM, LINCOLNMAN said:

If you were an old geezer like me the name JB Tipton would have tipped you off. John Baresford Tipton was the benefactor in a show popular in the 50's called The Millionaire. 

My late brother and I always watched that show. Of course, with three channels, there wasn't much else.....

On 4/9/2022 at 6:48 AM, thebeav said:

My late brother and I always watched that show. Of course, with three channels, there wasn't much else.....

I remember back when we used to only get 3 channels. Sometimes 4 if the weather was right. We had a handfull of antennas in my young days before Primestar satelite came around. I remember having to turn those things almost every other day to try and pick up channels. Sometimes in these hills we would only pick up 1 channel, (channel 3) but, most the time you could pick up channels 8, and 13 also.  I remember we bought a booster for it one time and was very excited. With the booster we could get channel 11 and 27 also. Then lightening hit it a few days later and fried it. lol Back to 1 to 3 channels again. It took 3 of us to tune antenna in. 1 to turn it. One to watch when the picture comes in the best and one to relay messages back and forth. lol 

Edited by Hoghead515

Three network channels and one local. Then PBS came along. Now my wife and I have seemingly hundreds with cable and Roku and on and on. If there aren't any sports of interest happening, I struggle to find anything to watch after the news. A blessing really.