• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nor'easter Kenan a cumin
2 2

41 posts in this topic

Going to have to get a bunch of coin rolls and hunker down. Wet snow from the ocean can make a mess with 75MPH winds it can be a real chiller at 20 degrees. Lots of old retired people live here. I am a hoping we will have power through it.

We supposed to get some to. Dont know how much. I sure wish it would hold off. I finally found septic tank. Would have been able to dig it rest of the way out if had another good hard day. 

JP stay safe and do hunker down. I can’t imagine being on Cape cod during these storms. Do you lose power often? Happy coin roll hunting. Maybe you’ll find an impressive coin, as usual and that will take the edge off of the bad weather!

On 1/27/2022 at 6:28 PM, Mr.Bill347 said:

JP stay safe and do hunker down. I can’t imagine being on Cape cod during these storms. Do you lose power often? Happy coin roll hunting. Maybe you’ll find an impressive coin, as usual and that will take the edge off of the bad weather!

Ya you all be safe out there. We loose power sometimes. They always call in extra crews from different states. I have seen trucks from Pennsylvania and South Carolina, and all over when this happens.  A Nor'easter is just like a hurricane only in the winter. We can even have thunder snow also which is real cool so you never know. The last storm we had like this was in 2005 3 feet of snow and I could not see the neighbors house across the street visibility was 15 feet maybe. And other times they predict a mega storm and we get a little blow. Ya never know what's going to happen around here with water all around us ?  

On 1/27/2022 at 6:46 PM, J P Mashoke said:

Ya you all be safe out there. We loose power sometimes. They always call in extra crews from different states. I have seen trucks from Pennsylvania and South Carolina, and all over when this happens.  A Nor'easter is just like a hurricane only in the winter. We can even have thunder snow also which is real cool so you never know. The last storm we had like this was in 2005 3 feet of snow and I could not see the neighbors house across the street visibility was 15 feet maybe. And other times they predict a mega storm and we get a little blow. Ya never know what's going to happen around here with water all around us ?  

Stay safe my friend. Your more than welcome to come stay with us till its over. If you dont mind usind the bathroom in a bucket for a couple days till I get plumbing fixed. 

On 1/27/2022 at 7:12 PM, J P Mashoke said:

If ya got the new 6 gal buckets I will take you up on that they are a little taller and don't hurt my back as much.

Actually I do. We can stack some books or something under it and fix that. :roflmao:

Edited by Hoghead515

On 1/27/2022 at 8:47 PM, tj96 said:

Not that close but it's been really cold here.  

On 1/27/2022 at 8:47 PM, tj96 said:

Not that close but it's been really cold here.  

I live in northern Ky. Its been pretty cold here. Getting to single digits at night. Not supposdd to be as bad tonight where the snows coming. On those clear nights it got really cold. 

Edited by Hoghead515

Everyone who's going to be affected by this....please, stay safe and stay warm!!! Some coin rolls might not be a bad idea, JP!!! As for those of us here in the Finger Lakes, it looks like we're going to dodge Kenan, thankfully!! 

looks like it is time to orgsnize...  stying in all weekend with the heater going...  getting into the 20's and 30's here in florida  :(  might be a good time to go thorugh the piles of stuff and toss whats not need.

On 1/28/2022 at 8:26 AM, Alex in PA. said:

Watkins Glen, NY now

awsome....  back in the early 2000 there is a comapny called Lenel that i went up ther to do a little training.. well to make a long story short.  they let us take the rental cars out on the track for a few dollars adn we go to doa couple of laps :) well when i turn that car in it had a little rattle hehhehehe :)   i will never tell

I am always saying I love that my house is all street gas when storms come. I will at least have heat hot water and I can cook. I went to light the stove and the pilots were out. Well this is a first ever for me. My gas meter froze ? The outside wall mounted chimney is directly above the meters rain and snow was blowing so hard and fast it was melting on the pipe and dripping on the meter. it had 2 inches of ice all over it and the regulator and breather. Unbelievable I got it thawed out but you should have seen me running around with hot water buckets and then a hair dryer to get it thawed out and the gas flowing again.      

On 1/29/2022 at 2:35 PM, J P Mashoke said:

and the gas flowing again. 

I use chili and beans for that -- get the gas flowing just fine. Now, about that pilot light.

Now this --

"Florida is also expected to see some of its coldest temperatures in years, leading to iguanas - a cold-blooded lizard species - to become immobilized and fall out of trees." BBC News.

Prepare for lower cat food prices !

On 1/29/2022 at 5:17 PM, RWB said:

Now this --

"Florida is also expected to see some of its coldest temperatures in years, leading to iguanas - a cold-blooded lizard species - to become immobilized and fall out of trees." BBC News.

Prepare for lower cat food prices !

Hello global warming!!  30 years ago, the experts said Florida would be underwater today.  :facepalm:

On 1/29/2022 at 2:35 PM, J P Mashoke said:

I am always saying I love that my house is all street gas when storms come. I will at least have heat hot water and I can cook. I went to light the stove and the pilots were out. Well this is a first ever for me. My gas meter froze ? The outside wall mounted chimney is directly above the meters rain and snow was blowing so hard and fast it was melting on the pipe and dripping on the meter. it had 2 inches of ice all over it and the regulator and breather. Unbelievable I got it thawed out but you should have seen me running around with hot water buckets and then a hair dryer to get it thawed out and the gas flowing again.      

I kinda wish we had street gas. We been livin on the edge a few days. Been getting close to the red mark. We finally got a couple dollars rounded up and got a load ordered. Been fairly cold. Was 7 degrees this morning20220129_103641.thumb.jpg.1f73a584277070d99361dfdb1747568a.jpg