• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2021-D Dime
1 1

12 posts in this topic

I think you've got it dead on, Woods.  That dime was struck from some TIRED dies!!!  And lots of mechanical doubling on those 2021 dimes, too.  I see lots of it on 2020 dimes as well. The cents of those years are almost as bad....at least for the Philly strikes.  I'm in Philly territory.

Edited by Mohawk
Typo

On 12/15/2021 at 7:01 AM, J P Mashoke said:

I don't even bother roll hunting dimes any more they are just full of MD it takes forever to look at them...o.O

My decision to stop hunting dimes had nothing to do with MD or the poor quality control.  I have also arrived at the point where I may have to switch over to solely hunting Nickels, and in the process bypassing my BELOVED Lincolns 😞, and possibly even start hunting and searching Quarters.  You may ask why?  BECAUSE I CAN'T SEE SQUAT ANYMORE!!!! Going to have to up my readers to at least 2.50's I suppose (and still use a glass)......

On 12/15/2021 at 8:36 PM, Hoghead515 said:

Ive noticed they are also completely full of small die chips. Ive seen tons of them. They must be getting every coin they possibly can out of a set of dies anymore. 

Oh, they definitely are.  I've seen some pretty awful cents and nickels, too.  I haven't seen any really deplorable quarters yet, but give it time.....I'm sure some will turn up.

On 12/16/2021 at 3:25 AM, James Zyskowski said:

Hey buddy working late or ,like me, can’t sleep. 
As for the quality issues. I’m in the mountains of Colorado so I see a lot of Denver coins and since 2019 (I think ) the coins have been higher quality than the Philly offerings.  They have had a run of PL’s.   Time for the late night western. 😉🙀

Just now heading back into work. The phillys are awful. 

Edited by Hoghead515

On 12/16/2021 at 1:25 AM, James Zyskowski said:

Hey buddy working late or ,like me, can’t sleep. 
As for the quality issues. I’m in the mountains of Colorado so I see a lot of Denver coins and since 2019 (I think ) the coins have been higher quality than the Philly offerings.  They have had a run of PL’s.   Time for the late night western. 😉🙀

I don’t know if there is still any mint quality control, if it’s me, my new 2.50’s. My oxygen level or the Coors I keep my liquids up with ( Dr’s orders) but something’s gotta be done to quit finding these in with the Pennie’s?  🤔 

IMG_1819.jpg

IMG_1820.jpg

On 12/14/2021 at 6:16 PM, blinewalker said:

I got a few rolls of dimes from the bank and they was all like this one. Anyone one else spotted any of these?

211214043122873.jpg

211214043843971.jpg

211214043405173.jpg

It almost seems deliberate, like someone decided that it was easier to let it go and say it is suppose to be framing or highlighting for the new era of coin minting?