• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Re-release of some of the 2021 Morgans and Peace Dollar

22 posts in this topic

Today at 2:03 PM ET, I received several emails from the mint, offering the 2021 privy CC Morgan, 2021 privy O Morgan, the (P) Morgan, and the 2021 Peace dollar. 
I was not able to get any O's the first go round, so I hopped on that pretty quick, and was able to secure 3 which was the maximum order. Everyone
must have went for the CC's first since as soon as I completed the O's order, the CC's already were sold out. But, I was then able to buy 3 more 
Peace dollars, and 3 (P) Morgans which I needed for century sets. What a surprise. I think this was all over in a matter of minutes. 

Yes sir. Got another Peace Dollar. Usually the mint releases extras at 7:30 am est. Very sneaky to release at 2pm. I will admit this is the first time the mint emailed me and there was enough time to order. Absolutely floored me. Never has a reminder text ever been timely enough to be able to order. Well done 😉

Yep as some have stated before on this forum. It was all part of the scam….oops plan! Limit quantities, sell through wait a while a do it a over again. Did the notice indicate if this was another “pay before they are made plan”? If the slippage in quality is any example, I sure won’t be in line to buy more overpriced junk. I’m changing gears now to the 50s proof sets. REAL coins produced by the real mint, not the Cracker Jack factory it has become. JMHO

On 12/14/2021 at 7:07 PM, James Zyskowski said:

Yes sir. Got another Peace Dollar. Usually the mint releases extras at 7:30 am est. Very sneaky to release at 2pm. I will admit this is the first time the mint emailed me and there was enough time to order. Absolutely floored me. Never has a reminder text ever been timely enough to be able to order. Well done 😉

James that is because everybody suckered up the first time. It did sell out quickly again. My Morgan Cc , while it was pretty fair looking, it was out of its capsule because of the clamshell being too open. Not for me this time. I expect them to figure out how to improve the dies enough to make proofs and do it all over again.

Couldn’t agree more. First time around I got a CC and a peace dollar. Both not perfect but not bad. I fall down laughing listening to the argument about these being part of the early series. Commemoratives or not!  The fight is real. I call them commemoratives and am not going to be collecting these or ase’s anymore. I will sit on the sidelines as folks rationalize the proof issues as part of the entire series. The rubber hits the road with the reverse proofs. Should be fun.  ( by the way, I bought the peace dollar for a forum member). 🙏

On 12/14/2021 at 7:24 PM, James Zyskowski said:

Couldn’t agree more. First time around I got a CC and a peace dollar. Both not perfect but not bad. I fall down laughing listening to the argument about these being part of the early series. Commemoratives or not!  The fight is real. I call them commemoratives and am not going to be collecting these or ase’s anymore. I will sit on the sidelines as folks rationalize the proof issues as part of the entire series. The rubber hits the road with the reverse proofs. Should be fun.  ( by the way, I bought the peace dollar for a forum member). 🙏

You are absolutely correct look!

8D193FED-7D59-48E1-9615-7E018F9BE615.jpeg

On 12/14/2021 at 7:07 PM, James Zyskowski said:

You know where I was when this all went down?  At the damned grocery store lol.  I didn't even know it happened until I came on here.  That's alright though.....I hope that everyone who wanted one and missed out the first time was able to snag what they wanted for their collections!

On 12/15/2021 at 8:02 AM, Mstang56 said:

Yes, JP the re-issue was the same price, $85.00 

So just a wild guess ,I am thinking from your post the orders are all full again and there are no coins available again. :facepalm:

If they re-issue the limited edition leftovers at 7:30 AM, that leaves me and a lot over other people out, since we are at work. I'll retire next year and maybe I'll have a chance at some of those
7:30 AM releases then. 

On 12/16/2021 at 6:56 PM, Alex in PA. said:

The US Mint of Disappointment continues.

Yes indeedy.  That's one thing the U.S. Mint is getting very good at delivering for us.  And this after Ryder is finally gone at that!! That makes it even more disappointing, sadly.  I thought all of this peddling of garbage gimmicky c*ap and the other failings of Ryder's watch would go with him.  Guess not :(

Edited by Mohawk

The mint giveth and the mint taketh away
or, the Grinch actually works for the US Mint. I received a cancellation email last night for my order of the re-issue 2021 (P) Morgan and 2021 Peace dollar.
This is really odd because the same thing happened the first time. The mint confirmed my order and then cancelled the same 2 coins.... twice, on the original release, and then the re-issue.
"it was cancelled because the item(s) are no longer in our inventory and are not available for backorder."
At least the order of the O privy mark shows shipped already. I was not able to get those the first time when the mint's servers crashed.

On 12/24/2021 at 9:08 PM, Laura N said:

Re-release?  Sorry... I had no idea the mint did this.  I didn’t get an email.  Can some help explain how this works?

After a product is "sold out" sign up to be updated using the Remind Me button. You'll get an email and/or text if the product becomes available again.

Untitled.png.1cfe2dd5020e797018b47c6c5b45e8bf.png