• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Roosevelt dime error?

19 posts in this topic

I'm with Mike and l.cutler.....definitely just environmental damage.  Your coin was probably buried and then found by someone with a metal detector who dug it up, saw it was just a 1995-P dime and therefore nothing special and spent it.  

@Kevine84, gotta agree with all the above.  Your last pic looks like the high spots on the obverse are starting to show through a "silver" color again.  Try carrying it in your pants pocket everyday for a week or two and see if it doesn't turn back into its normal silver tone dime color.  Believe me...... I've posted my fair share here on the forum of what I thought were Improperly Annealed Planchets only to discover they were not.  (P.S.- I'm still gonna find one in the wild one day if it's the last thing I do before I die..... haha). 

On 11/12/2021 at 9:01 PM, VKurtB said:

Save up a roll of them and watch people lose their minds.

And hope to whatever you may believe in that SlickCoins or Ratzie33 (if they're actually different people) isn't the one to find them.....

Edited by Mohawk

On 11/12/2021 at 9:58 PM, VKurtB said:

Slick and ‘33’ are an archetype. There’s lots more of them out there right now watching horrible YouTube videos.

Oh I'm sure of it.  YouTube is to coin information what Etsy is to coin shopping.  I wish there was a way to stop people from posting the sensationalist, dishonest garbage about coins on YouTube that gets posted there but, if there is, I don't know about it.  It's a shame...YouTube has some good stuff but the coin stuff is horrible!!

On 11/12/2021 at 9:58 PM, VKurtB said:

Slick and ‘33’ are an archetype. There’s lots more of them out there right now watching horrible YouTube videos.

Yes! After watching those 'excellent Utube vids'....the next things that will be posted here are a slew of 1964 SMS's!!!!  Oh My.....:facepalm:

On 11/12/2021 at 11:05 PM, VKurtB said:

The 4’s on the Kennedy halves aren’t the ONLY things with teardrops when the SMS pieces come up for discussion.

Sorry Kurt... couldn't resist commenting as I did knowing your stance on '64 SMS's (I'm in the same camp as well)..... NOW.... where are my emergency supply of eye sticking needles????  I will FedEx them to you if you need more.....

Edited by GBrad

On 11/12/2021 at 11:05 PM, VKurtB said:

The 4’s on the Kennedy halves aren’t the ONLY things with teardrops when the SMS pieces come up for discussion.

Now what, Did someone find another oddity on a Kennedy and we all know there is no 64 SMS.