• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1961 error penny

9 posts in this topic

I found this penny in my pocket today and I am unsure where I received it at. Immediately I noticed a just speaking Russian on the face of the penny and was wondering if anyone could please explain to me in detail what caused it, and if there's any value. I appreciate your help I look forward to your response

CM211027-164958003.jpg

But hey @Just Bob, at least (and thankfully so) the background of this picture did not disturb you and I as the last post of the op did!!! Phewww!! At least I feel safe eating my dinner now as I peruse the forum. 

@Mohawk, This Cent does have some character after closer examination. The purple circled creature appears to be a TRex eating some other type of creature (yellow circle) which is eating a spalling and decayed slab of who knows what (green circle).  Pretty cool I thought. 

E74A1786-CA54-44B1-8DD0-6E637EFAE3AD_4_5005_c.jpeg

On 10/28/2021 at 2:05 AM, GBrad said:

@Mohawk, This Cent does have some character after closer examination. The purple circled creature appears to be a TRex eating some other type of creature (yellow circle) which is eating a spalling and decayed slab of who knows what (green circle).  Pretty cool I thought. 

E74A1786-CA54-44B1-8DD0-6E637EFAE3AD_4_5005_c.jpeg

That IS a good one, GBrad.  I can see the Rex now.  You can even see his rocking feather mullet!

Science's biggest star T. Rex | News | nny360.com