• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay sales

36 posts in this topic

Who do you buy from on EBay?  What EBay sellers don't 'Juice' their pics?  What EBay sellers don't 'Dip' their coins?  And why are people putting nonsense out on the Public Domain.  The smart people here are staying quiet.  And do we have the return of 'Bacon Boy'?    You can change the name but they always slip up.

Edited by Alex in PA.

On 10/25/2021 at 5:48 PM, Alex in PA. said:

Who do you buy from on EBay?  What EBay sellers don't 'Juice' their pics?  What EBay sellers don't 'Dip' their coins?  And why are people putting nonsense out on the Public Domain.  The smart people here are staying quiet.  And do we have the return of 'Bacon Boy'?    You can change the name but they always slip up.

Okay winners - show me your Morgans and I'll show you mine.  All True View so don't get blinded.

I'm an eBay seller and I don't juice my pics nor dip my coins.  In fact, my pics are about as unjuiced as can be.....they're taken with an old school Kodak digital camera.  Maybe I should get an upgrade, but I like my little old camera.  Most coins that I sell for any kind of higher amount are NGC certified and I accept returns for 30 days for any reason and I pay to have returns shipped to me, so they cost buyers nothing.  There are a few of us good guys left on there, my friend :) 

Edited by Mohawk

On 10/25/2021 at 6:29 PM, Mohawk said:

'm an eBay seller and I don't juice my pics nor dip my coins. 

But you are honest.  And one of the few left on EBay.  I just took a run through EBay and looked at 1882 CC Unc raw coins.  Have a look.  I quit after two pages of juiced pics, out of focus pics, coins so bright you could light your house with them.  And I love some of the ways they describe them.  I haven't bought a coin from EBay in decades and could care less about Canyon City Coin but to continually call out one seller and what I can't figure out was No Negs.  When I used to shop on EBay, it was different.  I got a bad deal; the old 'Bait and Switch' and it took me 2 minutes after opening the package to give that guy a neg.  Of course he retaliated with a Neg; could do that back in the day.  Ebay has changed a lot.  Technology does that.  Anyone can return their item if they don't like it.

On 10/25/2021 at 4:59 PM, Alex in PA. said:

Canyon City Coin - 1,682 Positives and 0 Neutrals and 0 Negatives and we have a 'Newbie' Expert to guide us from purchasing from them.  Who should we buy from then - 'The Dockter'?

I’m not sure if that comment was directed at me. If so, why the hate? 

If I were to spend that money on that type of coin I would only buy it slabbed by NGC or PCGS . What about raw ? I’d only spend that money on raw coin in that caliber only if I can examine the coin in person to make a better judgement of the coin I wouldn’t buy it raw off Ebay or some other online selling platform. But I do see it all time people buying/bidding on expensive coins on eBay or other places like Etsy I guess some people do have deep pockets to spend money away silly not even think twice about what they are about to pay for