• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I had to have it
1 1

12 posts in this topic

Very nice addition, J.P.  Your local coin shop has some nice stuff.  I'm jealous.....coin shops seem to be dying out in my neck of the woods......damned COVID!

On 10/9/2021 at 5:37 PM, Mohawk said:

Very nice addition, J.P.  Your local coin shop has some nice stuff.  I'm jealous.....coin shops seem to be dying out in my neck of the woods......damned COVID!

Yes I agree looking for coin shops now days is tough. He does a lot of estate buying, selling and appraisals it is a great shop mostly selling NGC, PCGS + third party graded Morgan's and 2X2 flips graded by him that are all very nice reasonably priced coins. Some gold coins and lots of mint sets, silver and clad. Gold and silver bullion rounds, bars Proof and graded eagles not to many half's, quarters, dime or nickel trays out. but he has stuff all over the place so maybe I just have to ask for them. He also sells collectable war items paper money and star notes. All in all a cool place run by great guy and his wife , My wife and 7 year old granddaughter were with me today and he gave her a 2000 Sacagawea and 2 arrowheads to go with it. I have seen him giving stuff to customers kids lots of times. Kids just glow when he does stuff like that and it is good for future business.    

Indeed it is!! It sounds like you've found a good shop....if I were in Massachusetts, I'd be asking you if they had any ancients for sale.  We used to do stuff like that for kids at the shop I worked at as well....we'd give them any gold plated State Quarters that came in, along with Kennedy Halves, Sac Dollars and even low grade Indian Cents, Liberty Nickels and Buffalo Nickels.  It was amazing to see their eyes light up....you can't beat that experience.  The kids are honestly one of the things I miss the most about that job....they were great!

Edited by Mohawk

On 10/9/2021 at 6:27 PM, Mohawk said:

Indeed it is!! It sounds like you've found a good shop....if I were in Massachusetts, I'd be asking you if they had any ancients for sale.  We used to do stuff like that for kids at the shop I worked at as well....we'd give them any gold plated State Quarters that came in, along with Kennedy Halves, Sac Dollars and even low grade Indian Cents, Liberty Nickels and Buffalo Nickels.  It was amazing to see their eyes light up....you can't beat that experience.  The kids are honestly one of the things I miss the most about that job....they were great!

There's a store near my office that has a small display of ancients but all their stuff is graded so I don't think you'd be game. Lol

On 10/9/2021 at 5:01 PM, J P Mashoke said:

just happens to be up the road from the coin shop.

It always seems to happen like that dont it. I mean of course you had no hidden agenda when going to the orchard and it just made sense,  seeing as you were so close, to just swing by and look at the ridiculously low priced MS 64 Morgan.^^  Very nice find and im not the first bit jealous at all.:censored:

On 10/9/2021 at 7:15 PM, J P Mashoke said:

I have seen him giving stuff to customers kids lots of times. Kids just glow when he does stuff like that

These are the types of small places I love to take my business to.

On 10/9/2021 at 7:15 PM, J P Mashoke said:

I have seen him giving stuff to customers kids lots of times. Kids just glow when he does stuff like that and it is good for future business.    

I too absolutely love the fact that this owner is doing stuff like this for kids. Looks like he is in his business with the right approach and mindset to start developing new collectors to this great hobby! Kudos to him. Sounds like a great dealer you have here.  Very nice pickup too!!(thumbsu

On 10/10/2021 at 10:26 AM, Revenant said:

There's a store near my office that has a small display of ancients but all their stuff is graded so I don't think you'd be game. Lol

You're probably right there, my friend.  But there's always my fiancée's (she's the handy one.  I'm hopeless there) tool box and a good crack out attempt........lol

On 10/10/2021 at 12:15 PM, Mikhail2400 said:

It always seems to happen like that dont it. I mean of course you had no hidden agenda when going to the orchard and it just made sense

Absolutely.. I had already told my granddaughter we were going to see some coins that day.(thumbsu I had just not told the wife but she is a smart coin shopper and knows I try to only by stuff for 30 to 50% less than retail. I just look for sharp looking coins at the MS63,4 and 5 range. That is why most of my coin collections are not key dates. The Keys are always a higher price no mater what they look like. and ya never know maybe one of my coins will be a Key date... some day ....LoL