• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UNC Morgan Rolls

9 posts in this topic

Hey buddy. I just have a quick question?  Why. now is probably not the best time to be buying Morgan’s or peace dollars what with the hype and mess coming from the mint. However as always buy what you like but right now I would feel better about a tube ase’s older date. Even that is not the best idea. 
There are some great deals out there just look for things where a deal may exist 

Edited by James Zyskowski

As @gmarguli said it is not hard to find BU rolls of Morgan dollars, these are all put together rolls of common date dollars in low unc condition.   If you just want one find a reputable dealer either local or on-line, do not be under the illusion that any of these are original or unsearched.

Also don’t fall for this scam as well ! The company selling these bogus rolls of walking liberty halves and Morgan dollars are ripping uneducated folks off taking their money not shipping anything I’ve heard of few people getting ripped off . There is no such thing as “last state restricted Morgan dollars” 

43E757DB-6943-4488-8FB0-DFADA70A6CF3.jpeg

These are usually the dregs that remain after original bags were searched - multiple times - and the nice coins removed. The coin might actually be Uncirculated but worth only slightly more than bullion.

WOW, this is probably the best advice (price wise) for all my newbie questions to date :) I do realize this is not the time to purchase Peace or Morgans and I need to be satisfied that I completed both sets (but I want to upgrade some grades and mint marks) and not to strike it big LOL. Thanx again for the advice and help. I guess there are more dishonest people in the hobby than I realize (just like life :( )

On 9/12/2021 at 7:46 PM, ldhall said:

WOW, this is probably the best advice (price wise) for all my newbie questions to date :) I do realize this is not the time to purchase Peace or Morgans and I need to be satisfied that I completed both sets (but I want to upgrade some grades and mint marks) and not to strike it big LOL. Thanx again for the advice and help. I guess there are more dishonest people in the hobby than I realize (just like life :( )

I'm glad we could help!! And, yes, there are a lot of scammers in this hobby and it can be hard to recognize all of them.  But, the more you learn, the better you'll get at recognizing the scammers.  You're asking very good questions here.  Keep asking them.  That's the best way to learn and to be successful in this hobby.