• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ngc slabs grading "?"

13 posts in this topic

On 8/27/2021 at 6:17 PM, Fenntucky Mike said:

They do "Brilliant Uncirculated", it's called an Adjectival Grade which means they graded within a range. Specifically MS60 - 70. I wouldn't pay much more than FV for those if you're looking to acquire them.

What is an Adjectival Grade? | NGC (ngccoin.com)

Thank you very much sir for time response, informative answer, and also the link. You helped me to not bid up anymore than where i stand on it now.. Hopefully ill get out bid. Again greatly appreciated 

Jeff

What Mike said is spot on.  There’s some of those first 4 issues that are missing the edge lettering. Those make a fun chase.  Again most of these are available fairly inexpensive and if a numerical grade 69’s are out there (1-70 Sheldon grading scale)🤠

welcome aboard.   Google unknown terms eBay offers a sold list for comparison shopping. Good luck 

Similar terminology is used for authentic blanks, planchets and other items that were not circulating currency.

On 8/27/2021 at 6:10 PM, JAnsley said:

Why would these not include a grade? And what does it mean? Ask cause im looking into buying them

Screenshot_20210827-180817.png

NGC slabbed unknown quantities of earlier Presidential dollars this way as a promotional item. They are similar to the idea of “sample” slabs.

On 8/28/2021 at 10:01 AM, VKurtB said:

NGC slabbed unknown quantities of earlier Presidential dollars this way as a promotional item. They are similar to the idea of “sample” slabs.

But perhaps not as collectible. There are those who covet the plastic more than the coin 🤠

VKurtB, RWB & James Zyskowski

Thank y'all for helping me to better understand this. I have been collecting coins Ive been collecting sice young child with my granny. Only here recently have i started trying to "cherrypick" for varieties. And never heard of a slabbed coin till last year so im learning still. Again thank you all for the information it was very helpful.

Jeff 

Quick question and ill start another form if need be but is there such thing as a 1971 cent D/S? Asking because i think i found one. If it was on a post '82 id dismiss it as zinc rot but being on a 95% copper i cant very well do that.

Thanks jeff

On 8/28/2021 at 1:30 PM, VKurtB said:

Don’t be in a hurry to do everything at once. Enjoy the process. When you’re old and gray, it’ll be the joys of the process that you’ll treasure. 

VKurtB 

Im already old and gray (well getting grey and bald) with 2 grandboys at young age of 34... Ok so im not old but i feel old..and i very much do just enjoy the hobby that's why im so apt to learn as much as i can as quick as can. Its the only hobby that's kept my attention other than building electronics.

On 8/28/2021 at 1:38 PM, JAnsley said:

Quick question and ill start another form if need be but is there such thing as a 1971 cent D/S? Asking because i think i found one. If it was on a post '82 id dismiss it as zinc rot but being on a 95% copper i cant very well do that.

Thanks jeff

As far as I know a 1971 Lincoln Cent OMM does not exist.  Most likely they are die chips that may resemble something that you think you are seeing. Lincoln Cent OMM are far and few between and nothing I am aware of from the 1970's.  

Edited by GBrad

On 8/28/2021 at 10:03 PM, GBrad said:

As far as I know a 1971 Lincoln Cent OMM does not exist.  Most likely they are die chips that may resemble something that you think you are seeing. Lincoln Cent OMM are far and few between and nothing I am aware of from the 1970's.  

GBrad

Thank you for the response. Id never heard of one from 70's either that's why got excited for a sec but im sure your correct it probably a die chip or just my bad vision. 

Thanks jeff