• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

want to buy some PMD for $55K? Castle Rock, WA has you all covered

20 posts in this topic

Check this out. I guess this is the next stop for all our master debaters after they are told their damaged penny is damaged.

I wonder why he didn't just try to claim it was a Mt. St. Helens coin. There is no such a thing, but most people who would buy a parking lot coin as an error would probably swallow that. They also wouldn't realize that it was minted over two decades after the eruption.

On 8/12/2021 at 9:20 AM, Just Bob said:

Oooh! I want it! Can you get me that for Christmas?

I'll see if I can get him down to a more reasonable $49K. And he delivers, for that price. It's only a couple hours from Castle Rock to the western Portland burbs, of which I live in the burbiest of them all.

Oh geez......that's just beautiful and worth every cent xD.  I wonder if it's a "Pac Man" error or if it has a "lion mark" on it as well......probably not.  Then it'd be worth $100,000!  There's a fortune to be made lurking in parking lots and staring at the ground!!!

On 8/12/2021 at 6:52 PM, Coinbuf said:

Shhhh we don't want the secret getting out. ;)

Indeed we do not!

On 8/12/2021 at 7:35 PM, JKK said:

It's much rarer. It is the Space Invaders error, which makes it look like a Scrubbing Bubble descending.

xD I love it!!!! Man, I've missed you guys!!!  

On 8/12/2021 at 8:46 PM, J P Mashoke said:

Someone really should make a offer on it before it gets away. 

I was considering it, but I've decided to go down to the parking lots at the shopping plazas we have in my town and see if I can find my own $55,000 treasure!!! I bet I can if I look in the highest traffic areas!!

On 8/13/2021 at 1:38 AM, GBrad said:

I'm going to right now...... standby.....

Just emailed the guy.....

what is your lowest takin price for this cool pennie?  I have been a long tim cullecter and have nevur seen something like this I don’t have a lot of monie so can u please werk with me. thanks u.

https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/clt/d/castle-rock-rare-penny1-of-kind-lots-of/7362994373.html

You know what would be funny is if this guy is a collector like us and is tired of all the junk being sold on-line and is doing this as a spoof also.................:roflmao: 

On 8/12/2021 at 11:28 AM, JKK said:

Check this out. I guess this is the next stop for all our master debaters after they are told their damaged penny is damaged.

I wonder why he didn't just try to claim it was a Mt. St. Helens coin. There is no such a thing, but most people who would buy a parking lot coin as an error would probably swallow that. They also wouldn't realize that it was minted over two decades after the eruption.

"This posting has been deleted by its author."

On 8/13/2021 at 1:05 PM, JKK said:

You all snoozed; you lost.

:frown: And I really wanted it too!!!

Edited by Mohawk