• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have you completed a mini set of coins
1 1

53 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, Coinbuf said:

Cool tokens, in answer to your question I have not completed a mini set; however I have completed a long set.  ;)

Ah the benefits of perhaps having been collecting for a longer period. Anyway there’s just those 2that I know of. Please feel free to share your sets. I have some sets as I call them but still a few away from done. 

1 hour ago, James Zyskowski said:

Ah the benefits of perhaps having been collecting for a longer period. Anyway there’s just those 2that I know of. Please feel free to share your sets. I have some sets as I call them but still a few away from done. 

A far too long a period of collecting lol   I guess if you break it down I have indeed completed a ton of mini P/D/S date sets and combined them into one large set.  ;)

Lincolns

I've been working on this just because I love native American anything. This is about mini set I have. I'm missing the 2006 P, but I'll get one soon. I've been basically working on my Indian head cents, Lincoln cents, and my nickel sets. It's been alot of fun and really challenging also alot of learning on the way.

20210709_133511.jpg

20210709_133905.jpg

The two  🐓 🐓 I practically need a security clearance to discuss, and that no TPGS will acknowledge formally exists are the:

1906, displaying the newer slogan, Liberte, Egalite, Fraternity, the exact mintage of which remain a state secret. (The old slogan (in English) was God Protect France, and the

1915. The 🐓 series officially began in 1899 and ended in 1914. Forget mintage figures; it is the rumored existence of this date that has eluded collectors and confounded the experts many of whom regard it to be simply a counterfeit that is not acknowledged as an official Paris Mint product.

I have  been working on a number of attainable beginners sets and am close. I liked those two as 1959 statehood is what their celebrating and just 2 in the series. It all started somewhere and for newbies it’s nice to acknowledge any accomplishments. Thanks for sharing 

I wanted the 5coin set. So put one together a coin at a time and was able  to do so at about 50percent of the cost .  Different dates didn’t matter  Now there’s a dang 2oz but haven’t decided if I’ll add it .. I’m looking for the original wooden package  if you know of one or how to find one  message me please 

E75FE293-57D2-4414-8690-261D91F70AA4.jpeg

7611ABF1-E3A7-4683-85DB-B81F9638EDBA.jpeg

5AE80573-30DE-45DB-BA61-33DBA6A54047.jpeg

CBD72B4A-7097-4E6A-94B9-15B4237AB4D3.jpeg

53763132-51ED-4999-96B4-4EB6CF8AF126.jpeg

Edited by James Zyskowski

@James Zyskowski No suspect should be eliminated from a line-up. If it managed to make its way past the cartels and across the border, post his mugshot here and let the membership decide if it deserves a place in your collection. To quote the Great Zadok, any question regarding provenance would be a moot point where whippersnappers are concerned.  :whistle:

@James Zyskowski Now I understand. You are a very resourceful collector! I guess there is nothing that justifies exclusion except the lack of a vacancy. Very nice collection!  (And certainly makes any controversy concerning anatomical representations with the Saint-Gaudens DE and Standing Liberty quarter tame by comparison.)

On 7/9/2021 at 3:28 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

The two  🐓 🐓 I practically need a security clearance to discuss, and that no TPGS will acknowledge formally exists are the:

1906, displaying the newer slogan, Liberte, Egalite, Fraternity, the exact mintage of which remain a state secret. (The old slogan (in English) was God Protect France, and the

1915. The 🐓 series officially began in 1899 and ended in 1914. Forget mintage figures; it is the rumored existence of this date that has eluded collectors and confounded the experts many of whom regard it to be simply a counterfeit that is not acknowledged as an official Paris Mint product.

Darn those World Wars. Didn’t militaries realize they were messing with coin collectors’ sets?

@VKurtB  You will be pleased to learn that old Quintus is making significant progress on Eats Shoots & Leaves. I appreciate the referral. Right up my alley 🎳!  

1 minute ago, Quintus Arrius said:

@VKurtB  You will be pleased to learn that old Quintus is making significant progress on Eats Shoots & Leaves. I appreciate the referral. Right up my alley 🎳!  

Learning to use the language well is never time wasted.

I'm also working on an innovations dollar set. Just the proofs and reverse proofs as the mint comes out with them. I've got them all so far. I'm more than likely gonna get the uncirculated ones soon as well. Just haven't yet. 

52 minutes ago, RWB said:

All of my coin collection sets are "mini sets" -- usually consisting of one lonely coin, maybe two.

I believe a single example does not constitute a "set."  What you do have are some very fine examples.

The post is about small sets. Sorry that we didn’t give statehood to 3 states but we didn’t 2 that’s all. 2 coin set  Only single coins pictured are a proof 1/20 libertad (start of next set. And a2oz libertad in reference to a question. I know I’m just a newbie but I know that 1 is not a set. But in my case 2 does make a set. 

On 7/14/2021 at 10:51 AM, James Zyskowski said:

The post is about small sets. Sorry that we didn’t give statehood to 3 states but we didn’t 2 that’s all. 2 coin set  Only single coins pictured are a proof 1/20 libertad (start of next set. And a2oz libertad in reference to a question. I know I’m just a newbie but I know that 1 is not a set. But in my case 2 does make a set. 

No set theory mathematicians here, folks. Of course one coin is a set. Cripes! Even the null set is a set.

On 7/15/2021 at 7:42 PM, VKurtB said:

No set theory mathematicians here, folks. Of course one coin is a set. Cripes! Even the null set is a set.

The null [and void] go together, but a set they do not make. It is a simple concept. A single coin is just that.  Now, what's that you said about genuflection? The 🐓 doesn't like to be kept waiting.  :whistle:

On 7/15/2021 at 7:17 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

The null [and void] go together, but a set they do not make. It is a simple concept. A single coin is just that.  Now, what's that you said about genuflection? The 🐓 doesn't like to be kept waiting.  :whistle:

I was force-fed set theory mathematics from the age of 10 (1965). You can watch the Big Bang Theory reruns and hear it used regularly. Trust me, one is a set, and so is none. So how come RWB gets to use non-numismatic definitions and import them into this field, but nobody else gets to? Huh? Huh?… :devil:

Stroke your chin and think deeply on that’n, Quintus. You didn’t for a moment think there wasn’t an ulterior point I was making, did you? You should know better than that. 

Edited by VKurtB

On 7/14/2021 at 10:51 AM, James Zyskowski said:

we didn’t give statehood to 3 states but we didn’t

Huh? Care to elaborate? We didn’t give statehood to 13 states, rather it is they who created the “we” in the first instance. My former employer was the landlord who rented space to the two Continental Congresses.

On 7/15/2021 at 8:21 PM, VKurtB said:

I was force-fed set theory mathematics from the age of 10 (1965). You can watch the Big Bang Theory reruns and hear it used regularly. Trust me, one is a set, and so is none. So how come RWB gets to use non-numismatic definitions and import them into this field, but nobody else gets to? Huh? Huh?… :devil:

Stroke your chin and think deeply on that’n, Quintus. You didn’t for a moment think there wasn’t an ulterior point I was making, did you? You should know better than that. 

Wow, punked by none other than the Hon. VKurtB!  Better go see if MAULEMALL can use my company.