• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

some new photos
1 1

12 posts in this topic

Pics are excellent CB. Nice coin as well. LGS64 (shrug)

Edited by Lem E

[Edited to remove the inappropriate and misplaced attempt at humor]

Now, regarding the coin, I always look first to the person providing it for feedback.  I admire his collection despite the fact he belongs to a group that detests me on the merits. I do see agreeable toning and some lovely denticle work. I believe the Swiss Army Knife used by the unknown assailant on the mint-mark was mali🇲🇱cious but harmless. The original mint luster, the light circumferential toning and suggestive cartwheel effect more than make up for minor chute abrasion, the goiter of the 2d T in STATES, the minor PMD to the first four letters in DOLLAR as well as the minimal scratches to the chin and truncated neck.  So much for the symptoms.

Now the dignosis: What you have is the subject of envy to nimismatists everywhere. I don't know if the stars should be flat or more defined. 🤔 I would award this specimen an MS-65 (but I want to make it known I do so of my own accord and not because MarkFeld may be looking over my shoulder).  :whistle:

Very nice Morgan Dollar..  I would estimate it turns out a MS 64 or maybe even a MS 65 but I cannot grade worth a darn.

18 minutes ago, Quintus Arrius said:

The reference to 64 eludes me.  

You are a trip brother. LGS (Lems Guessing Service). Free onion and such. I went back and forth with 64/65. (note the edit 2x) I like the coin. One of the cleanest faces I have seen on a Morgan.

4 hours ago, Quintus Arrius said:

@Lem E

Now, regarding the coin, I always look first to the person providing it for feedback.  I admire his collection despite the fact he belongs to a group that detests me on the merits. I do see agreeable toning and some lovely denticle work. I believe the Swiss Army Knife used by the unknown assailant on the mint-mark was mali🇲🇱cious but harmless. The original mint luster, the light circumferential toning and suggestive cartwheel effect more than make up for minor chute abrasion, the goiter of the 2d T in STATES, the minor PMD to the first four letters in DOLLAR as well as the minimal scratches to the chin and truncated neck.  So much for the symptoms.

Now the dignosis: What you have is the subject of envy to nimismatists everywhere. I don't know if the stars should be flat or more defined. 🤔 I would award this specimen an MS-65 (but I want to make it known I do so of my own accord and not because MarkFeld may be looking over my shoulder).  :whistle:

First part of your reply was inappropriate, IMO.  Keep it to numismatics

That is a really nice coin love it when the edge is toned not to many marks on it at all. I am a nice guy, I think it could be a 66.  

5 hours ago, Oldhoopster said:

First part of your reply was inappropriate, IMO.  Keep it to numismatics

"Never pay any attention to what critics say... A statue has never been set up in honor of a critic!"  - Jean Sibellus  (1937)

16 hours ago, Alex in PA. said:

You brought this on yourself and I am so happy M.F. has someone to focus on besides little old me.  :baiting:

Wherever did you get that idea? That has less merit than My Cousin Vinny was being stalked by Edgar Allan POE!  Balderdash!  All of us are bosom buddies for life!