• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2021 Type 1 Silver Eagles not for sale on U.S. Mint web site?
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Hey has anybody been able to purchase a 2021 Type 1 Silver Eagle in O.G.P.? I have purchased 2 of the 2021 Type 1 Eagles MS-70, but have not seen the U.S. Mint offer them for sale. Anybody know what the skinny is on that? Checking U.S. Mint 2021 Product Schedule.. and no see any 2021 Type 1 Eagles for sale. How do they all get out into the marketplace and us common folk only have option to buy from secondary market? Seems odd.. so guess I should prepare myself for more surprises later in the year from the Mint.. ok.. stay healthy

I have 20 coming to me as soon as the shipping backlog gets fixed from JM, they have been out of stock for a while now. Hoping the type"2" later this year don't get swallowed up too.
Edited to state I had to preorder mine also when it became available.
...edited again to state I sent 10 in to NGC and will keep 10 raw for now.

Edited by EdG_Ohio

From what I understand you can't buy these from the mint.  Only thru the so called authorized distributors.  I pre-ordered two MS-70 FDOI (an NGC for myself and a PCGS as a gift) back in November.   Both were to ship out on Friday, 2/5 but the NGC shipped the week before on 1/27 and I have that now but the PCGS is still showing as "processing".  I'm hoping to see a shipping tracking # sometime this week.

I read an article that said the Mint will release 2020W T1 Proofs, and then later in the year, 2020W + 2020S T2 Proofs, 2020 T1+T2 Reverse Proofs in a special set (not sure which mint is T1/T2), and also 2020W MS (burnished).

Bullion distributors will have both 2020 (no mintmark) T1 and T2 as well, like @MN1 said.

Not sure what the Mint has up their sleeve.. what surprises they have coming down the pike.. just have to wait and see.. and be ready to pounce.. get the credit card cleaned up.. . over and out.. 

14 hours ago, jtryka said:

I believe the first proof is scheduled for release on Feb. 11.

TOMORROW!!!  only 350K available will you be one of the lucky ones?