• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1934 Washington quarter
1 1

22 posts in this topic

Polish_20210111_204536422.thumb.jpg.63ca167131a38aa3cf102e6d57fd33d2.jpgIs this a medium moto?  I just got the honor of adding this piece of history to my collection and wanted to learn more about it. Ive looked at several on the internet and think its a medium moto. I believe they are the more common ones also aren't they?  I noticed the heavy motos have the big sharp w that the middle extends further up than the rest of it. So that just leaves light and medium. And I'm thinking medium. Im not worried about no values or anything like that. I know I don't have a valuable coin. Im just in a learning phase right now and want to learn types and differences in them. Thank you for any feedback. 

5 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

Wow! I missed that one didn't I!? Now, you have got to show a picture of the reverse.

Soon as I get home from work this evening ill take a picture of it and share it. I should have to begin with. Im sorry about that. I usually get in around 6 or so and ill go straight and do it. 

54 minutes ago, VKurtB said:

Unless the reverse is beat up, that coin is undergraded IMO.

It looks pretty nice. Soon as I get in from work I'll share a picture of it and get all of you alls opinions. 

I just looked at the obverse picture again - this time on a 22" flatscreen monitor. I can see marks that I missed when viewing it on my phone, but I still don't see it as an MS62. Waiting on those reverse pictures....

27 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

I just looked at the obverse picture again - this time on a 22" flatscreen monitor. I can see marks that I missed when viewing it on my phone, but I still don't see it as an MS62. Waiting on those reverse pictures....

I just got off work. Ill be home in about an hour or so and ill put it on here. 

Polish_20210112_190611696.thumb.jpg.1d3f54c3e706131f5cdb2270cd1c5a62.jpgFinally made it home. Sorry about the glare on it. I still can't get the right light on it. Its a pretty shiny quarter also. The light glares off it pretty bad. 

Looks like the letters in UNITED took a few little hits. The reverse is what knocked it down. It still looks way better than some ms 65 modern quarters i have. I got some west point quarters skinned all to pieces that graded ms65. 

Edited by Hoghead515

1 hour ago, Hoghead515 said:

Looks like the letters in UNITED took a few little hits. The reverse is what knocked it down. It still looks way better than some ms 65 modern quarters i have. I got some west point quarters skinned all to pieces that graded ms65. 

Agree. A very good looking coin with fewer marks than one might expect for MS-62. Good deal!

Lots more dings on the reverse, especially the left half. Still, MS62 is hard. I see it as a solid 63 myself. Without those left half reverse dings, the obverse was asking for a 65.

14 minutes ago, VKurtB said:

Lots more dings on the reverse, especially the left half. Still, MS62 is hard. I see it as a solid 63 myself. Without those left half reverse dings, the obverse was asking for a 65.

Yep. The reverse is what done it in wasn't it. I noticed that when I got in and looked at it. I didn't notice that as much last night. Its was hard to tell till I took the picture then cropped it up. Then I could really see it. 

On 1/12/2021 at 8:54 AM, Hoghead515 said:

I got it for a  $22.00 dollar bill.

What a shame.  I personally would have liked to have seen a photo of that "$22.00 dollar bill." The '34 quarter is exquisite and, IMHO, grossly undergraded, but that bill, no record of which exists, was unique and priceless.  xD