• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

counterfeit morgans??

53 posts in this topic

To me they look like silver. Im gonna guess genuine. Look like they wore way down and been harshly cleaned. Look like culls. I may be wrong. I want to point out im no expert and this is just opinion. Someone with more knowledge will be along shortly. 

Note where the listing says, well down where most people won't notice it:

"2.The photo is an example an the coins, actual coins may not be the same dates."

So, in fact, the photo is not necessarily the coins the buyer will receive. They might be some of the posted coins, or they could be whatever random Morgans (or Morgan fakes) dude happens to have.

1 minute ago, Paul Hills said:

plus all the toning exactly the same,  not one mark in the face or fields on any.  look like they erased some color in the fields with literally a pencil eraser.  someone already bought one.

And you can take for gospel that the five pictured coins are not the worst-looking examples available for sale. They might not be the best-looking, but there's no reason to think one has any chance to receive items better than those pictured. Hate to think what the worst ones look like.

Yeah something isn’t quite right here. The appearance screams fake with the grease smeared to look like aging. And the ad itself doesn’t help. I would definitely say buyer beware for these 

1 minute ago, Paul Hills said:

here is another seller  same stuff,  same hand photo LOL

Probably same person doing it to get more fee-free listings.

I’ve learned the very hard and expensive way early on in collecting, buying a raw Morgan on eBay is a very risky proposition. If you do want to take the risk examine the coin thoroughly with know examples when you receive. If possible take it to a competent dealer for their assessment within the return period as well. 

There is 2 different sellers using the same photo of the 5 key date morgans above that the OP posted. Both sellers ship from US US. Same dude or working together with more. Both use the same description also. Probably same guy. 

Edited by Hoghead515

Last time I looked, all dollars currently listed (and already sold) by those sellers were counterfeit. And it’s highly unlikely that they’re made of silver. 

Edited by MarkFeld

6 minutes ago, Hoghead515 said:

Has anyone reported them yet. Its sad they are ripping people off. Hard telling how many were sold to people who doesn't even know. They need to be shut down. 

I and others have reported them, but the more, the better.

Just now, MarkFeld said:

Thank you and I reported the third seller, as well.

I just sent in a report on all 3 of them just now. Hopefully they will do something about it. Hate to see people such as myself not know any better and get ripped off. 

7 minutes ago, NevadaS&G said:

There's stories of unscrupulous sellers in white vans selling these and high end speakers in front of Kroger's. Be on the lookout 

🚨

They were PCGS MS67+ speakers .....

Those bastages

Edited by MAULEMALL