• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The forum looks different today!!

22 posts in this topic

[To whomever is responsible for the sneak preview of the sleek new look for 2021: the Eliquis and Lipitor are working. Thanks for clearing out the pipes!]  Man, I love this Forum.

13 minutes ago, bsshog40 said:

Yeah, the arrow showed back up. Lol 

[True, but a sinister aspect has quietly crept in... the unpublicized loss of a poster's running post totals.]

• In this thread, I have the usual Toolbar with Size/Color functions -- on a recent post in the Saint-Gaudens thread, I did NOT.
  • The comments are only using 1/2 the screen on the left-side.....the right-side has a list of active posters on the thread.  This is interesting but not worth the reduction in size and functionality.  I would appreciate a button that got rid of the stuff on the right-side and restored The Old Look.
  • I noticed that the information on the right-side disappears as you SCROLL DOWN.  You just have empty space.  All the more reason to ditch it or have a button that expands the posts on the left-side to the old format size as they shift rightward.
  • I see an Arrow Button top-right that does get rid of the Top Posters & Other Info on the right-side....but it just gives you more empty space.  The posts do not shift-right to fill it.
Edited by GoldFinger1969

1 hour ago, Hoghead515 said:

I don't own a computer myself. All I have is this android phone. It is set up perfect for it. 

Same here. (And it's not even mine. It's my wife's. My phone doesn't even have the internet. It's an original, so-called "Obama-phone."  I was told if it's lost, stolen or damaged, it won't be replaced. It's obsolete.)

I have a flip phone, but it's gas powered. The old one I had was a wood burning phone, but then they stopped 1-G service so I had to upgrade. Cost me $0.72 in pesky taxes, too!

I am still concerned with the decision, apparently made up on high, to conceal a poster's cumulative mileage at a glance.

Has it levelled the playing field?  Yes.  All are equal.  But the downside was illustrated recently when a relative newcomer posed a question which, was initially answered by both RWB and MarkFeld -- odds that exceed that of picking the winning Powerball numbers.  THE ORIGINAL POSTER DID NOT KNOW -- COULD NOT KNOW -- that she had snared opinions from the creme de la creme, at the very outset.

Running tallies are important.  There are seasoned veterans that weigh in regularly that have racked up mind-boggling frequent-flier miles.  There are members who've been around for years, but volunteer comment occasionally and sparingly.  And then there are the quite vocal members who, unlike the usual newbie, wreak havoc by engaging the entire forum at the very outset.

I would like to formally request the odometer be restored.  The giant yellow arrow powered by hydraulic pressure is useful but mileage is indispensable to give members a context or yardstick by which to measure one's contemplated response.

32 minutes ago, RWB said:

Geeeezzz. I never go to Starsucks.....Not sure if Marks drinks the stuff either....

:)

Not sure what creme de la creme is but it sounds delicious. (thumbsu

2 hours ago, RWB said:

Geeeezzz. I never go to Starsucks.....Not sure if Marks drinks the stuff either....

:)

Never been in the place myself.  My wife speaks French.  To my knowledge, it simply means the best of the best.

8 minutes ago, Quintus Arrius said:

Never been in the place myself.  My wife speaks French.  To my knowledge, it simply means the best of the best.

They don't have any around here close to where I live. I wish they did. I love their coffee. 

5 minutes ago, RWB said:

"creme de la creme" literally the very richest [best] of the fresh cream - undiluted cream.

That sounds right up my alley. They didn't name me hog for nothing.