• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SIlver 1936-D Copper Plated

61 posts in this topic

What, are you going to destroy my computer nowif I go to your URL!!! Like I said, your not worth my typing. I am out. creep

I think you may be missing the whole point. The URL under the photo in your Post is the point. Some things are coincidental, some things are not and sometimes there is humor by association to the posts and the Thread.

And, sometimes there is just a con.

What, are you going to destroy my computer nowif I go to your URL!!! Like I said, your not worth my typing. I am out. creep

Cut the . All any of us want to see now is the results of the NGC certification.

:eyeroll:

I am also quite experienced of the plating process for coins and miscellaneous purposes. I will come back with a cert. Trust me, this wont be an embarrasment

. I am also an experienced coin collector and I can analyze a coin just as good as any professional.

The most important question is, "Will you come back and post an apology when you learn that you are wrong or will you just complain that NGC is run by a bunch of dummies?"

Chris hm

I actually give you my word that the silver is solid and not plated; you really truly must hold this cent to realize. It is quite the oddball I know but its here and real. Its a new discovery Lincoln. Hard to believe but true. I just wonder what the composition may be. I will have it metallurgically tested when it gets to NGC. I also dont see a reason to plate silver then copper over the top. if it were altered in that way, the counterfeiter or enthusiast would keep it silver; especially a 1936-D. I just dont see why it would be targeted for such plating. I just wish I could have you hold it then you would realize. I sound so crazy but its true. I couldnt believe it when I saw it and examined it

Didn't I meet you before, froot loops? LOLOLOLOL

I am also quite experienced of the plating process for coins and miscellaneous purposes. I will come back with a cert. Trust me, this wont be an embarrasment

. I am also an experienced coin collector and I can analyze a coin just as good as any professional.

Best laugh I've had all day. I thank you! :D

I actually give you my word that the silver is solid and not plated; you really truly must hold this cent to realize. It is quite the oddball I know but its here and real. Its a new discovery Lincoln. Hard to believe but true. I just wonder what the composition may be. I will have it metallurgically tested when it gets to NGC. I also dont see a reason to plate silver then copper over the top. if it were altered in that way, the counterfeiter or enthusiast would keep it silver; especially a 1936-D. I just dont see why it would be targeted for such plating. I just wish I could have you hold it then you would realize. I sound so crazy but its true. I couldnt believe it when I saw it and examined it

Didn't I meet you before, froot loops? LOLOLOLOL

:roflmao: I think you did!

Wouldn't it be great if we could get all these guys together so they could get a bourse table at one of the larger coin shows - they'd have some awesome stuff to show and some amazing stories to tell. :grin:

What does it weigh? You said it weighs more than a copper cent but how much more? Figures please. If it is actually silver or a silver colored metal it would most likely be significatly different in weight.

For those who have just dismissed it as a silver plated copper cent they seem to have missed one thing. The silver is on the high relief areas and the copper in in the low and protected areas. A silver plated cents with the plating wearing off would be the other way around.

However a double plating first of silver and then of copper would have this appearance and the outer copper plating wears off to expose the silver underneath.

But a double plated cent would still just be a post strike damaged coin.

What does it weigh? You said it weighs more than a copper cent but how much more? Figures please. If it is actually silver or a silver colored metal it would most likely be significatly different in weight.

For those who have just dismissed it as a silver plated copper cent they seem to have missed one thing. The silver is on the high relief areas and the copper in in the low and protected areas. A silver plated cents with the plating wearing off would be the other way around.

However a double plating first of silver and then of copper would have this appearance and the outer copper plating wears off to expose the silver underneath.

But a double plated cent would still just be a post strike damaged coin.

He stated it looks like aluminum but weighs over the weight of a normal 1936.

I would think it would not have to be a double plated issue, but who knows. It could reflect a silver look in the high relief areas by accidentally butterfinger dripping amalgam on it. I look at the photo and see what could be interpreted as cuds if a person wanted to interpret the spills or drips that hardened as such, or a person experimenting with a coin in an attempt to alter it into reality. Hitting it with a hammer or leaving it on the railroad track and then trying to smooth it over by using a painter's tool with a silver looking compound or aluminum paint could do it, or accidentally dripping lead on it and then being a little dufus think that adding a silver color would help, because Grader Superman can't see thru lead, could be a possibility, I guess.

Sorry to disappoint you, but this is a normal bronze cent with a partial silver-colored plating.

But he states very clearly that the plating is copper and the underlying metal is silvery. What would be the explanation for that situation? Just saying that it must be the opposite won't do.

???

Let there be more!

Houston! You know we have a problem when the comics people take note and start chiming in.

Chris

I love coins as well... :blush:

I remember seeing some of you guys in action on one of the coin threads many years ago. It reminded me of the movie "Ghost" when the ghouls came out of the street and the woodwork to retrieve a couple of bodies. That's what I think of when I see you guys in action. Actually, it's hilarious!

Chris

I understand. This thread is ending. Theres no help here. Although I thank you for trying. Theres obviously no posibility this could in fact be what I say it is to anyone. Just keep in mind; here comes a new discovery!

Please, keep us informed of what you find out!

:popcorn:

-slym

Do you know what Muenchausne syndrom is ignorant man? If you dont stay out of the medical profession! How dare you insult someone this way. You probably are an airhead with nothing better to do than to judge ignorantly of a last name. god help you!
What a terrible thing to say to Mr.Knowitall.

He does, in fact, "Know it All"!

Do you know what Muenchausne syndrom is ignorant man? If you dont stay out of the medical profession! How dare you insult someone this way. You probably are an airhead with nothing better to do than to judge ignorantly of a last name. god help you!

Silly.

Find another target for your (as usual) incorrect assumptions, and interpretation of Posts. Hopefully, the target will preferably be one that that is interested.

I do appreciate your periodic drive by attacks, though. It is always refreshing to know that I am still important to you, in a weird sort of way.

Silly.

Find another target for your (as usual) incorrect assumptions, and interpretation of Posts. Hopefully, the target will preferably be one that that is interested.

I do appreciate your periodic drive by attacks, though. It is always refreshing to know that I am still important to you, in a weird sort of way.

Did ya miss the word "to"?

Silly.

I left off the word "about" Mr.Knowit All as in "What a terrible thing to say about Mr.Knowitall" which I can see s/b Mr.McKnowitall.

No attack intended Mac. Just dumb fingers.........

Every one of us makes mistakes every day about many things. We all sometimes forget manners and we all sometimes misinterpret Posts and the intent of the written word.

No reply required, Mac. ;)

Silly.

Did ya miss the word "to"?

No, Mac, I didn't.

Thus the reason for my reply. ;)

I remember seeing some of you guys in action on one of the coin threads many years ago. It reminded me of the movie "Ghost" when the ghouls came out of the street and the woodwork to retrieve a couple of bodies. That's what I think of when I see you guys in action. Actually, it's hilarious!

Chris

lol

Nice to meet you Chris!

Jimmers :foryou:

Chris

lol

Nice to meet you Chris!

Jimmers :foryou:

Have a great weekend, my friend!

Chris

Well, thanks anyway for trying to identify this coin. I will in fact send it to NGC to undergo metallurgical testing. Something like this just cannot be explained. Its a coin of an imaginary doubt but real in every way. Thanks for the responses

Any update on this?

Kinda curious what the result was.

Not that I know anything about coins, but it sparked my interest.