• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CONFIRMED 1919-P Mercury DDO Discovery!!!

156 posts in this topic

A second specimen, in higher grade, has been reliably reported by someone I know personally. It is on its way to Bill Fivaz for confirmation.

TD

I would hope that the OP still received recognition for the discovery and this being a confirmation.

Since it went to Bill I'm sure he will get credit for it. After Bill looks at the coin it should then be sent to james Wiles for photography and listing in the CONECA files.

Folks - check your 1919-P Mercs, just got official word - After hiding in plain sight for 96 years...

Confirmed 1919-P DDO

Still waiting on official FS/CONECA numbering, but will likely be in the next CPG among other places.

I'm sure there will be official photos (especially when the XF/AU specimen is photographed) and announcements in the coming weeks (My coin will be off for a Coin World glamor shot soon).

Talk about an exciting few days, thanks for sharing the ride with me.

Jeff

Folks - check your 1919-P Mercs, just got official word - After hiding in plain sight for 96 years...

Confirmed 1919-P DDO

Still waiting on official FS/CONECA numbering, but will likely be in the next CPG among other places.

I'm sure there will be official photos (especially when the XF/AU specimen is photographed) and announcements in the coming weeks (My coin will be off for a Coin World glamor shot soon).

Talk about an exciting few days, thanks for sharing the ride with me.

Jeff

^^

:banana::whee::banana::applause: (thumbs u

ATS somebody has posted pictures of a 1919 dime from a different die that may have very close die doubling on parts of IN GOD WE TRUST on a north-south axis. Keep an eye out for it as well.

4Anyone have luck at the shows this weekend or in your own collection/inventory?

So far just 2 other reports of possible others, but looking like #3 May not be the same.

Still waiting on #2 to get to Mr Fivaz for examination.

Got the pictures today of the possible Specimen #3. It is NOT the doubled die. Just machine doubling.

That takes the population back down to one confirmed by Fivaz and one on the way to Fivaz. He should have it Tuesday. This one I am very sure of because the guy had it in his hand while I asked him "Does it have this" and "does it have that" and everything matches Strikeout's pictures.

Tune in tomorrow!

TD

Got the pictures today of the possible Specimen #3. It is NOT the doubled die. Just machine doubling.

That takes the population back down to one confirmed by Fivaz and one on the way to Fivaz. He should have it Tuesday. This one I am very sure of because the guy had it in his hand while I asked him "Does it have this" and "does it have that" and everything matches Strikeout's pictures.

Tune in tomorrow!

TD

Roger that!

Chris

In the words of Chief Brody in Jaws -- "I think we are going to need a bigger" ---- bucket of popcorn. :grin:

3_qt_Popcorn_Bowl_1.jpg

Waiting is killing me.

You know... if I had a place to actually get rid of them once I sorted through locally - I would buy a few of these just to check.

10427_Obv_zpsxbvfy6mb.jpg

Edited by StrikeOutXXX

Specimen #2 received by Bill FIvaz and confirmed as same doubled die! No additonal doubling seen on head or designer's initials. Photos sent to Ken Bressett and Q. David Bowers for consideration of inclusion in the Redbook.

Tom DeLorey