• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another Full Torch set for the NGC Roosevelt Silver Set Registry!

15 posts in this topic

The another all NGC MS67FT or better set has just been made! I have been working this set for several years. I began the set as a MS67 but changed my mind. I would have never guessed that it would have taken so long but the last few pieces proved to be very difficult due to the low population. I am in the process of having professional photos made of the set so that everyone can enjoy it. You can view it by clicking on my signature line.

(worship) That is a FanTastic Superb Gem accomplishment :applause: and with some stars to boot (thumbs u

Edited to add: Now you can concentrate on getting those "War Stars" some FS' hm

What a BEAUTIFUL set!! Congrats on your accomplishment---you should be very proud. I played the slideshow and looked at every coin and they are stunning. Soooo many really nice ones there. I do like the 49-D a lot. Way to go!! :thumbsup:

That 1947-S is hands down the most awesome dime from any 10 cent series I've ever seen! I don't collect Roosevelt dimes but I'd buy that in a heart beat. That's what buy the coin not the holder is all about; TOTAL eye appeal / candy. Congrats on a magnificent accomplishment on a rare matched set.

A phenomenal feat! I don't think people realize how difficult a set of all FT silver dimes is -- add in the number of star coins you have acquired, and the fact that you found them all in choice gem (MS67!), and this is a fantastic accomplishment. Kudos, and a huge (thumbs u

Now as you move along to the clad dimes, I'm still waiting for NGC to grade a 1980-P dime with FT...they have yet to grade a single FT example of the 1980-P (and only one example of the 1980-D)! I hope you can find it!

All the best, Brandon

That 1947-S is hands down the most awesome dime from any 10 cent series I've ever seen! I don't collect Roosevelt dimes but I'd buy that in a heart beat. That's what buy the coin not the holder is all about; TOTAL eye appeal / candy. Congrats on a magnificent accomplishment on a rare matched set.

That coin is by far my favorite coin in my ENTIRE collection. I cant wait to have professional photos so the true color and luster can show as I took the shot of that one. I wish they were all that spectacular!

A phenomenal feat! I don't think people realize how difficult a set of all FT silver dimes is -- add in the number of star coins you have acquired, and the fact that you found them all in choice gem (MS67!), and this is a fantastic accomplishment. Kudos, and a huge (thumbs u

Now as you move along to the clad dimes, I'm still waiting for NGC to grade a 1980-P dime with FT...they have yet to grade a single FT example of the 1980-P (and only one example of the 1980-D)! I hope you can find it!

All the best, Brandon

You're right. There are several dates in the silver series that you wouldn't think are very hard to find FT, but they are...1957-P, 1958-P, and 1963-P come to mind. There are a several from the clad dates in the 1970s that are hard to find too...1975-P, 1977-P, 1979-P, and probably the hardest 1974-P. NGC only has two '74-Ps with FT designation, PCGS has none.