• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 6th Annual Secret Santa Swap is Finally Here!

43 posts in this topic

I've had an unprecedented amount of early interest this year. Now that the tryptophan is wearing off, lets get this started!

Back by popular demand, lets get into the spirit of Christmas! That means giving presents and sharing a little goodwill amongst the squabbles and stress of every day life. Lets do the annual Secret Santa Swap! Its incredibly simple:

1. If you are interested in playing, send me a PM with your address before the evening of Saturday, December 6th (even if you played last year, send me your address again, I've deleted those PMs). Also, if you already sent me a PM this year, please send me another one to confirm (with your address).

1a. I've had a couple of people contact me who had no posts at all (or one post). Due to the security concerns, I would like participants to be people we know and trust. This year, I am going to put a minimum post count of 20 posts to play. If you are brand new, that's fine - introduce yourself, tell us who you are and what you like, join the conversation, and let us get to know you before we start sharing our addresses with you.

2. I'll randomize the names, and assign each person someone to send a gift to (by PM) (the person you send a gift to will not be the person sending you a gift)

3. Pick a small coin-related gift you think your person will like, under $20 (to keep it from getting outlandish, and to keep anyone from feeling like they got stiffed).

4. Send your gift out by Saturday, December 13th.

5. When you receive your present, take a quick picture and post it here in this thread and tell us what you got. Don't reveal actual names unless they say its alright.

Gifts should be coins, coin books, or something along the general coin theme.

So let's get into the giving spirit, and let the Secret Santa coin swap begin!

Jason---The mods have made your 5th annual Secret Santa a 'sticky topic', so that it is always on the forefront. You should just change the title of that one to the SIXTH for this year.

Jason---The mods have made your 5th annual Secret Santa a 'sticky topic', so that it is always on the forefront. You should just change the title of that one to the SIXTH for this year.

Each year I request Arch sticky that year's thread. I'm guessing he's enjoying the weekend, and will change out the sticky when he gets back.

Each year I request Arch sticky that year's thread. I'm guessing he's enjoying the weekend, and will change out the sticky when he gets back.

:thumbsup:

Anyone interested in joining us this year - send me your name and address by tonight. We've got a good group this year, but it seems like smaller than last year. Get your name in now!

Um,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I didn't get a name and address yet?

I PM'd a week or more ago.

Did you get yourself then?

Send yourself something really nice.

And I'm sure Jason will get you a Secret Santa.

Hang in there.

I have my gift picked out...simple but hopefully will be approved by the giftee.

Um,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I didn't get a name and address yet?

I PM'd a week or more ago.

Oh no! I don't see a PM from you in my inbox. I promise I didn't intentionally neglect you.

PM me your address.

If there is someone else who hasn't sent out their gift yet, please PM me. I want to work Raisethis2 into the circle if possible.

When you get yours, take a quick picture and post it here :)

So, I'll be the first as my Secret Santa wasted no time. :whee: I received a huge box Friday afternoon and the return label declared "NGC Secret Santa". Who could resist not opening this - I wasn't waiting until Christmas morn.

My Secret Santa has certainly outdone themselves as evidenced in the photograph below.

Many thanks for the wonderful surprise . . . (worship) whoever you are? And certainly a very Merry Christmas to you and yours!

-Doug

2014NGCSecretSanta.jpg

I just received my gift today, a very cool $20 Canadian piece in .999 silver! It is a very attractive reverse Proof, which the Canadians call a "specimen" with a "serrated edge" ( reeded edge).

2013CanadaSantaO_zps83f9fb0c.jpg2013CanadaSantaR_zpsa855f754.jpg

2013CanadaSantaCover_zps0e8d7485.jpg

Thanks go out to Jason and to my Secret Santa for these wonderful numismatic treasures and the very pleasant Christmas Card. Both stand as reminders for the reason for the season. Merry Christmas Doug to you and yours. And a very Merry Christmas to all at Collectors Society Message Boards :hi:

2933c172-bfca-43ae-ab75-11951c6d3970_zps95d89ae6.jpg

103_0335_zps700c1f03.jpg

103_0343_zpsf815102d.jpg

103_0347_zps29243c0d.jpg

Well I got back to town and my secret santa arrived!! I was very surprised as he knew my tastes! lol

The 2x2's contain a nice 1944S Gold Toner and the other is a very nice 1944D. And then a nice 2001 SAE with a hint of nice album toning on the edges.

Thank you very much and Merry Christmas!!

IMG_2290_zpsa290f7ce.jpg

IMG_2291_zpsf4d5881a.jpg