• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay Pics ... Taking the Yonico Gamble.

19 posts in this topic

I know Johnny does this often, make a purchase on a coin with bad pictures in a gamble, so I figured I would do some gambling myself a day or so ago.

Is this an 'O' or and 'S' Mintmark? Your guess as good as mine. Will see eventually. I don't expect any windfalls but that would be really cool if that did happen. :grin:

reverse_001a.jpg

Yes I will absolutely post the results as well as the date at that time.

I don't want to mention the date yet since that would affect a persons opinion I would think.

I will say that the money I paid was under $50.00 so it is not much of a gamble, as well as the fact that I would give myself odds of 1:10,000 of it being the MM I would like.

Stiff odds. :eek:

I think they must have taped their camera to a martini mixer while taking that photo? ;)

Good luck on your gamble! :wishluck:

:roflmao:

See Roger - That is how to be funny.

You see a mint mark????

Hahahah!

Yes there is a MM there unless they redesigned the Morgan Dollar's bow tie that year.

So far it looks like a majority of 'O' on the MM.

This picture gives a little better perspective and allows you to see that there is something below the bow on the reverse where the MM is supposed to be.

150169.jpg.fb0994c819a6c48858f893bef948d45e.jpg

I say O, but I'll bet you were hoping for the S

I can't say. But I will say that I think it is an 'O' too.

No windfall today.

Yes I was hoping that shaky camera work was in fact an 'S' mint but alas, I am in possession of exactly what I thought it would be.

That's gambling for you. Win some - lose some.

1884_Surprise_O_mm.jpg

1884_Surprise_O_mm_Obverse.jpg