• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who here is working on an album?

20 posts in this topic

I'm enjoying plugging raw coins into my Dansco album. Who here is working on an album (or more than one). Mention the ones that you've completed too. It doesn't have to be a Dansco album. I'm working on Franklins and Washingtons (from 1940 - 1964). Here's a '45-S from the latter album...

sc1945S_WA.jpg

sc1945S_WArev.jpg

I keep a 7070 that I play with from time to time. Nice coins with problems find a home there, or perhaps the occasional coin that comes as a tag-along to another purchase.

I still have a Canadian small cents album that is mostly complete and filled with circulated coins that came with larger collections I bought, though I haven't added anything to that in a long time.

I have a soft spot for albums as a concept, but practically I don't think they are very useful to me anymore. If I ever wanted to put together a mid-circulated Barber half or quarter set I might go the album route however.

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I'm working on a complete collection of coin albums and folders, but I wouldn't think of injuring them by inserting coins. ;) I'm at 10,000+ already.

I made a picture frame and a little shelf-thingy in shop class -- never got good enough with the band saw to make an album....

I started on a 7070 about a year ago. Not including the gold page there are 76 holes to fill I'm up to 54 - Still looking for large cents, shield nickels, and a majority of the bust and seated coinage.

Too me, as a new collector, this set has immensely helped me learn about the different types of US coinage. As I set my sights on a particular hole to fill I study and read as much as I can get my hands on about that type and try to view as many as I can in person before pulling the trigger on a coin. In the long run (I think) I'm leaning towards being a type collector since in all honesty I don't think I have the patience to focus on one long running set of the same series.

tn_7070-pg1.jpg

I'm working on a complete collection of coin albums and folders, but I wouldn't think of injuring them by inserting coins. ;) I'm at 10,000+ already.

That's incredible.

P.S. When does your new book come out? You had posted about it on the forums a few months ago.

Dansco Albums:

Lincoln 1909-date - missing 12

Buffalo- missing 22

Jeffs - 1938-date - complete

Rossies - 1946 - date - missing 73, mostly silver

Washies - 1932-1998 - missing 79, mostly silver

Statehood Qtrs - Uncir. Complete (plus a whitman album Uncir. complete)

Kennedys - 1964 - date- missing 83, mostly silver and proofs

Ikes - 1971-1978 - missing 26, most all. lol

SBA - 1979-1999 - missing the 2 type 2 varieties

Prez $ - 2007 - date - complete

Sacs - 2000 - date - complete

ASE's - 1986 - date - complete

Plugging away at a 7070 but have really cut back this last year. Probably not even half way complete and no coin shows here in Montana so it slows down progress.

I bought an undated "Dimes" album last year, because I had some decent loose Mercs that came from another album and a set of Roosies from through 1978 from an old Harco album. I'd like to think I'll add to the Mercs to eventually complete it from 1916-78. Perhaps I'll put an altered 16-D in after I buy a slabbed good one. I do like the look and feel of a filled out Dansco. I think I'll get a Franklin Dansco, too, since I have a lot of those coins in album-worthy grades.

That's incredible.

P.S. When does your new book come out? You had posted about it on the forums a few months ago.

AMAZING!

That is one heck of a number!!! WOW!!!

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Volume One covering the products of Beistle, Raymond and Meghrig is already out. You can PM me about it, and it's also listed on eBay and Amazon.