• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trick or Treat

17 posts in this topic

That is a nice idea but do you really think the kids who don't collect coins will care or understand what they are getting ? Kids want candy . I would rather see you donate or give those coins to a kid that collects who would appreciate what they are getting. And I know what you are thinking – maybe this will be the catalyst to start a young person to collect coins.

Well done. My only fear would be that 100 families now know that you are a coin collector and there might be one bad apple in the bunch that would find it interesting to rob your house one day. That would stink. Maybe if you are in a neighborhood, set up on a corner?...if you are in an apartment complex or condo then maybe just set up downstairs in the parking lot etc? Good for you though! Just keep yourself safe.

I don't see any waste of time doing this if it's your idea of spreading collecting interest or just the fun of someone finding it in their halloween bag. As for someone guessing it came from your house would be very hard to figure out, depends on if the parents take their kids to certain neighborhoods all the time, and then still that would be hard to guess. As for the kids finding it with no concerns for collecting, I think that most parents check their bags now for dangerous candy anyway, well at least they should be anyway. More than likely the parent will see it and have more interest in it or explain to their child that got it what it really is. There's where this treat will be interesting. Have fun!!!

I don't see any waste of time doing this if it's your idea of spreading collecting interest or just the fun of someone finding it in their halloween bag. As for someone guessing it came from your house would be very hard to figure out, depends on if the parents take their kids to certain neighborhoods all the time, and then still that would be hard to guess. As for the kids finding it with no concerns for collecting, I think that most parents check their bags now for dangerous candy anyway, well at least they should be anyway. More than likely the parent will see it and have more interest in it or explain to their child that got it what it really is. There's where this treat will be interesting. Have fun!!!

+1

Great idea! I hope the little rascals don't eat em.

That was my thought exactly. All it takes is one Lawyers kid to choke on a penny and your butt is in court.

If they're in 2x2's parents go through stuff anyway and will spot them. Besides, most candy issued is so random that parents would be unlikely to ever see that you were the donor.

That said, as a kid I got pennies regularly trick or treating. I'd maybe limit the handouts to kids like 10 or older just to make sure.

That is a nice idea but do you really think the kids who don't collect coins will care or understand what they are getting ? Kids want candy .

Well he did say they would get the wheatie along with the candy so that is covered. And no most of them won't understand or care, but all a potential collector needs is the exposure to get his curiosity going. No exposure, no curiosity, no collector. We've done something like that for several years.