• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Physics-fan3.14's Prooflike Photo Contest

109 posts in this topic

Jason,

I would love to be in the contest but my fall is so overbooked with work I can't. But I look forward to the talented group here producing some fine images to peruse!

Best, HT

Come on HT it's just one lil itsy bitsy teeny weenie coin... If I just got my arm twisted into doing this you should too! ;)
HT jump in it's gonna be fun. I work 12 hr dsys and I'm fitting it in. Heck I'll drive the sucker to ya. Ok maybe just one night it to ya!

Looking forward to the results of each photographer! I hope each will post their photos in this thread!

That would sorta ruin the competition aspect of this contest. When everyone has sent me their photographs, I will start a new thread and post all the pictures (with no names), and everyone can vote on which ones are the best.

Well, hopefully the names can be added AFTER the competition is over?! Some people have different tastes in photography and wouldn't mind hiring one based on the efforts in this thread alone...just sayin'.

They will KeyMan it's all about fun but what good is fun if you can't win! lol

PS I will not be winning but I will give a solid effort. I'd be happy to be in the top 10 in this group to be honest.

They will KeyMan it's all about fun but what good is fun if you can't win! lol

PS I will not be winning but I will give a solid effort. I'd be happy to be in the top 10 in this group to be honest.

I thought about playing but for this I decided to just sit it out and wish the others well...

:)

I thought about playing but for this I decided to just sit it out and wish the others well...

KeyMan64, You should join in... Heck I've already decided if I can nail it in a few minutes I'm next day airing it to messydesk! ;):D

KeyMan64, You should join in... Heck I've already decided if I can nail it in a few minutes I'm next day airing it to messydesk! ;):D

I'd probably get it and want to spend hundreds if not thousands on new gear, not really because I need it all necessarily though. With all the auctions coming up, oh boy!!! lol

Hopefully there will be a next time. I really like the idea behind this thread, it's really great! :)

I received this beautiful coin in the mail today!

PL, MS, Color = GORGEOUS!

Since Broadstruck only needs it for a few minutes, can I keep it for a month......or two? ;)

I just finished with it and am sending it on to the next guy. Nice coin, not easy to image. I'm anxious to see what the other guys are able to do with it. The in-hand look of a toned PL coin varies a lot with lighting so I expect a range of "interpretations" of this coin...Ray

Just a little update on the contest. robec1347 has finished with the coin. The rest of the participants will be laid out roughly in geographical order, from the west coast back to Charleston. The final list of contestants, in order, will be:

robec1347 - DONE!

mikew148 - DONE!

Buffalo Head - DONE!

keigwin - DONE!

rmpsrpms - DONE!

gelhauscollection

brg5658

messydesk

bsshog40

coindude

deerefan8420

coinman1794

This is a very distinguished group of fantastic photographers. I can't wait to see what images they produce!

We are making good progress, and working through the list of entrants.

I will be mailing the coin out to Coindude Tues. Was going monday but I forgot it's a holiday!

Cool, so the list (for update's sake) is:

robec1347 - DONE!

mikew148 - DONE!

Buffalo Head - DONE!

keigwin - DONE!

rmpsrpms - DONE!

gelhauscollection - DONE!

brg5658 - DONE!

messydesk - DONE!

bsshog40 - DONE!

coindude

deerefan8420

coinman1794

B4 XMAS Shirley..............

The list of photographers is really amazing, can't wait to see what they give us, I have learned so much from all of them - just study their images they post and see the skill......

Best, HT

The coin was pretty challenging. A PL half dime. Small, darkly colored, with surfaces difficult to depict. Reflective, reverse polish-lined, a little coarse when magnified, with toning spots, subtle scuffs and cameo-like devices.

Photographers will make choices. To paraphrase what Messydesk said in another thread...unlike previous contests, what we will see will be less a matter photographic talent (of which there is plenty) and more about interpretation.

I can't wait to see them. Sure seems to be taking a long time!

Lance.