• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay Trolls

26 posts in this topic

Recently I sold a dime to life_member_ana_2492. This is only the third bad experience I've had on eBay but at least the others weren't rude.

eBay Item

Dear life_member_ana_2492,

What I've told you is the truth. I'm not a store and that's why I specify two business days for shipping because sometimes things go wrong.

- erichazen

To: erichazen

Subject: Re: Shipping: life_member_ana_2492 sent a message about 1943 Mercury Dime PCGS MS64 FB ~ Rainbow Toned #321132762612

Sent Date: Jun-26-13 08:07:07 PDT

Dear erichazen,

The sellers on ebay are way too LAZY! You expect money ASAP, WHICH I DID AND ALWAYS DO! Then you take your freaking time to ship or have some lame excuse!

Doc

- life_member_ana_2492

To: life_member_ana_2492

Subject: Re: Shipping: life_member_ana_2492 sent a message about 1943 Mercury Dime PCGS MS64 FB ~ Rainbow Toned #321132762612

Sent Date: Jun-26-13 08:03:54 PDT

Dear life_member_ana_2492,

I had put it out on Monday morning for pickup. When I went out yesterday night to collect my mail it was still there, I made a mad dash for the post office to get it out before 5pm so I could still get it out within the two business days.

Not sure why my carrier didn't grab it, I had a bright pink letter on top asking her to take it. Sorry about the delay.

Eric Hazen

- erichazen

To: erichazen

Subject: Shipping: life_member_ana_2492 sent a message about 1943 Mercury Dime PCGS MS64 FB ~ Rainbow Toned #321132762612

Sent Date: Jun-26-13 07:49:47 PDT

Dear erichazen,

Why the hold-up on shipping? Item sold and two days later you shipped. WHY?

D. J.

- life_member_ana_2492

I've sold to that user before several time on and off Ebay and never had any troubles. Maybe he was just having a bad day and took his frustration out on you? There was one item that took me almost 4 days to get out and he never called me "Lazy" or got mad. I haven't talked to DJ in a while but if I had to guess, he was probably burned a few times by slow shippers.

At any rate, you handled that very well. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Some people seem far too impatient....along with expecting instant gratification.

I'm blocking this guy right now. Not worth the hassle / drama.

I echo what Roger said, people just need to chill a little bit. I've waited 2.5 weeks for coins from Europe before, and I promise it's worth the wait when you find something you really want.

-Brandon

I echo what Roger said, people just need to chill a little bit. I've waited 2.5 weeks for coins from Europe before, and I promise it's worth the wait when you find something you really want.

-Brandon

well said brg.

Wow what an A –hole. 2 days is reasonable especially if you show that in your listing.

Personally if I receive payment prior to 3 Pm I ship the dame day – but that’s because it is easy for me to do this.

I have only inquired about an item being shipped a couple times after I waited 2 weeks with no email or item update. Usually was something going on and no biggie. The buyer seemed pretty rude if you ask me. You handled the situation very well! Hopefully his. Mood gets better come time to leave feedback.

It seems to me the only people more impatient that this clown are the people that honk their horns within 2 millisecond after the traffic light turns green.

jom

It seems to me the only people more impatient that this clown are the people that honk their horns within 2 millisecond after the traffic light turns green.

jom

Never attempt to drive in Rome. You'll not have fun... ;) I swear they start honking 3 seconds before the light turns green.

-Brandon

Heck, I waited a month for coins to come from Heritage.

Two days? My handling time as a seller is five and it is clearly stated in my auctions. I would honestly block the guy from further purchases. There is no excuse for his behavior. Just my opinion.

That's absurd. That's all I can say. Beyond impatient and uncalled for. If he bought from a major auction house, he'd have to wait up to 2 weeks, so why is he picking on the little guy who ships in two days?!

(thumbs u

I also think it is worth noting that the listing indicated that shipping would usually occur within 2 business days. It was mailed within 2 days. Can the buyer not read?

Didn't know I could block him, think I will once I get home. I'll just avoid leaving him feedback in hopes that it'll prevent him from leaving it. If he does its not really going to hurt since I don't sell much.

Thanks all

Just got an email tonight from this member wanting to know why I haven't left feedback yet. I can only say wow!

I would have been a bit more specific and referred him to the original listing which says that the coin would ship in two business days and then added the proof of mailing within those two days. I would then send him a copy of his messages and let him draw his own conclusion.

In fairness, you handled it very well. I just wouldn't be able to resist giving him the specifics (but would have done so in a professional way).

I called a buyer who opened a case in the resolution center without ever contacting me and letting me know he had not received his item after nearly 4 weeks. (USPS screwed that up not me). I sold him a 2012 San Fransisco Anniversary Set for a very low $153.00 when they are selling for over $200.00. He asked that I send the second set that I said I had to make up for the other that was misplaced by USPS. I sent that to him. He was on vacation. He came home to (2) sets unopened. He initially said we would work out some sort of trade if the first set arrived (which it did) and his words were "We will make this right".

Now after being able to go through both sets he sends me an email saying that he was sending one set back to me! I decided I needed to make a phone call.

I spoke to his wife and asked for him..... she said he was not available. I said well I just got an email from him so does that mean he is not home or just busy. He is just not available can I take a message she said. I said yes tell him that he needs to just send both sets back and I would fully refund his money and not to just send one opened set back. She hung up on me. I think actually she might be this Don 'guy'.

He emailed me and said I called and harassed his wife???

What he is more than likely going to do is cull through both sets, find the best, then send me back 69's and that is why he is avoiding any phone conversations. SOB!

eBay is not worth dealing with in my opinion. There is no way I can win this if I escalate it to eBay and am just going to be screwed even more.

I guess I can expect some negative feedback for sure. It is also amazing that the case was opened for 'Not receiving item" yet he/she has received 2 now but will not close the case.

Trolls.......

Hassles occur in every business; payment is made through paypal and is available several days after the parcel arrives.

I try to get the purchased items into the system as quickly as possible and have the desk clerk at the PO log them in so there is no question. In time ebay sellers can get a little lax and unfortunately the internet is a faceless medium, when communication happens through ebay, a significant problem has developed in my experience.

Stew Leonard has two principles for his business success; the customer is always right, if they are wrong then refer back to rule #1. Demanding customers do exist and by overlooking other's faults from time to time, my faults may be less of a problem to others.

Out of the last 6 eBay purchases I have made, 3 had postage due because they weighed 0.7-1.3 oz more that was paid for on the eBay shipping label, and another needed thrown in acetone because the PVC flip the coin arrived in was making the coin sticky. Good thing I felt they were good deals anyway, or I would be upset.