• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Perhaps THE most beautifully toned Capped Bust Half I have ever seen....

192 posts in this topic

I still think this coin is worth $500. The big money boys collecting Capped Bust Half Dollars by Overton would not want this coin for more money, because it is too low grade in a very common marriage. I hope the winning bidder wants to keep this one forever.

Grades just do not matter to a lot of collectors. Thank goodness

Die marries do not matter to a lot of collectors. To each is own

Registry boys will probably not be bidding on this. Really doesn't matter

Common date. Yes? Common look? Nope not by a long shot.

This coin will go to a collector bitten by the aesthetics bug. It may be the only capped Bust he/she owns. It will be enjoyed until one day it is sold to another that appreciates the same. It maybe for more or for less but until then it will be enjoyed.

This is a hobby, not the stock market.

MJ

I still think this coin is worth $500. The big money boys collecting Capped Bust Half Dollars by Overton would not want this coin for more money, because it is too low grade in a very common marriage. I hope the winning bidder wants to keep this one forever.

Grades just do not matter to a lot of collectors. Thank goodness

Die marries do not matter to a lot of collectors. To each is own

Registry boys will probably not be bidding on this. Really doesn't matter

Common date. Yes? Common look? Nope not by a long shot.

This coin will go to a collector bitten by the aesthetics bug. It may be the only capped Bust he/she owns. It will be enjoyed until one day it is sold to another that appreciates the same. It maybe for more or for less but until then it will be enjoyed.

This is a hobby, not the stock market.

MJ

Well said!

MF

Dang. I would have bought it in a heartbeat, and not thought twice, at $1250 or $1500. But that price is just ridiculously high.

Well, Jason, how many beautifully toned Morgans bring 2 1/2 to 3 times or more what you would pay for them? Quite a few, I bet. ;) And they are FAR more plentiful than Bust Half Dollars with the color that this one had.

That aside, it was good to meet you and the show and get to chat for a bit - I hope you had a blast.

Dang. I would have bought it in a heartbeat, and not thought twice, at $1250 or $1500. But that price is just ridiculously high.

Well, Jason, how many beautifully toned Morgans bring 2 1/2 to 3 times or more what you would pay for them? Quite a few, I bet. ;) And they are FAR more plentiful than Bust Half Dollars with the color that this one had.

That aside, it was good to meet you and the show and get to chat for a bit - I hope you had a blast.

Feld encouraging high premiums for toned coins! :o We've entered Bizzaro World again!

lol

jom

I fully agree with you. I like the coin a lot, and even bid stupid money for it ($2500), but at the end that was way too much for me. I hope the new owner likes it and will post high quality, realistic images of the coin so that we can all see it.

I hope the new owner likes it and will post high quality, realistic images of the coin so that we can all see it.

:banana:

jom

From ATS regarding this coin:

Poster:

crypto79

Master Collector

Sunday January 13, 2013 9:34 AM

"Mark Feld spun up a bunch of collectors over at the land of misfit toys. Between the marketable attributes and the prolific exposure it was a foreseeable outcome IMO."

'land of misfit toys'...... Gotta love some of them folks ATS.

Best, HT

Did you win it Ankur?

Yes :)

I heard someone else bought it, yet you did not include a wink in your "yes" response.

According to heritage, I Definetly bought it.

Stay CAC'd my friends.

Did you win it Ankur?

Yes :)

I heard someone else bought it, yet you did not include a wink in your "yes" response.

According to heritage, I Definetly bought it.

Stay CAC'd my friends.

Congrats, Ankur!!! I feel that it is a unique and exciting coin, regardless.

" I too am sure that wasn't MF intent but he is held to a higher standard partial due to his reputation but more so the large following of hobbyists that he has that have put their absolute trust in him and his opinions. Just as insiders and reporters must be careful on their proclamations to the public on stocks in the Banking world, People who are held in that position as to have a crystal ball and or tastes need to be extra careful of what they say and to whom.

I think this result is more a statement of the power of Marks public statement and that particular audience then the absolute quality of that pitcular coin although I would admit it would have brought strong money if he had never voiced his honest opinion. I would be surprised to say the least if a member of ATS didn't buy the coin."

According to that quote, Mark, you caused ankur to overpay for this coin!!!!

I bought the coin because:

1. I wanted it

2. I passed on it twice and regretted it

3. You never find bust halves toned like this that aren't MS and over $10k.

I bought the coin because:

1. I wanted it

2. I passed on it twice and regretted it

3. You never find bust halves toned like this that aren't MS and over $10k.

So much for your secret.

Tell us the offer prices you passed on....c'mon...you can do it. :devil:

jom