• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Introducing: The Fourth Annual Secret Santa Swap

60 posts in this topic

Back by popular demand, lets get into the spirit of Christmas! That means giving presents and sharing a little goodwill amongst the squabbles and stress of every day life. Lets do the annual Secret Santa Swap! Its incredibly simple:

1. If you are interested in playing, send me a PM with your address before the evening of Sunday, December 2nd (even if you played last year, send me your address again, I've deleted those PMs)

2. I'll randomize the names, and assign each person someone to send a gift to (by PM) (the person you send a gift to will not be the person sending you a gift)

3. Pick a small coin-related gift you think your person will like, under $25 (to keep it from getting outlandish, and to keep anyone from feeling like they got stiffed).

4. Send your gift out by Monday, December 10th.

5. When you receive your present, I'll have a second thread where you can post what you got and who you got it from (if they tell you). Don't reveal actual names unless they say its alright.

Gifts should be coins, coin books, or something along the general coin theme.

So lets get into the giving spirit, and let the coin swap begin!

Last time, I had a problem stuffing them into those fixed-rate envelopes. A kind lady at the PO helped flattend them so they would fit and I could seal the envelope.

...if you slice them thinn you can fan them out and they'll fit ...

I hadn't thought of that! Maybe I'll add a small tube of glue so the recipient can stick the kitten back together.

...if you slice them thinn you can fan them out and they'll fit ...

I hadn't thought of that! Maybe I'll add a small tube of glue so the recipient can stick the kitten back together.

I learned at the Culinary Institution that if you freeze gelatinous substances solid, it makes them easier to slice. During this process, do not allow anything to thaw out, or you'll have a real mess on your hands.

PM Sent Jason

Merry Christmas everyone!

Oh, great! Now I gotta add dry ice to the package!

This is too complicated for my simple mind.....worse than grading points and register stuffs.

Sorry for the delay in sending out the assignments. I had a friend try to commit suicide on Sunday (luckily, she was unsuccessful, but it was close). Assignments are now out.

Please try to get your gifts in the mail by Monday, December 10 to ensure everyone receives theirs by Christmas. We have 19 people participating this year, which is the most we've ever had. Thank you for playing, and have a Merry Christmas!

Dang....somehow I missed this thread or I would have joined in too...there is even a already flattened cat out

by the road i could have used.. I guess there is always next year

Dang....somehow I missed this thread or I would have joined in too...there is even a already flattened cat out

by the road i could have used.. I guess there is always next year

Aw man, I would have liked to have gotten the original Frisbee...to my assignee, I have selected your gift and I did not need a putty knife to lift it from the asphalt.

Heading to the post office right now to ship. Nothing like waiting til the last minute.

I thought this would be easy, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized, no two coin collectors are a like. It was a challenge!