• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NEWPS. Nice toners and goodies.

51 posts in this topic

I hate to burst your bubble, but those are not toned at all. They are blast white.

The color you see is an artifact from a very low quality scan with the saturation turned way up.

I repeat, there is absolutely no color on any of those. If I'm wrong, I'll eat my hat.

:censored:'n Kidding me?!

Those are damn good scans and I can't even tell. My DigiLite USB camera produces photos of similar quality and I know some high dollar cameras can do the same.

If the are not toned, 'eh, no problems. If I paid over $25.00 you bet I would return them and leave neg. FB for falsely representing the items.

Usually, I try not to buy from sellers who put one sentence as an item description but the seller doesn't seem like a novice eBayer who wants to screw people over. I am going to message him and his response will decide if he gets a good or bad review.

I'll comment here when I get them in hand; let you guys know if they are or are not toned. :frustrated:

Thanks guys.

-Dave

I think Physics Fan Pi is gonna be right. No toning on those at all. Small shot at a hint of pastels but nowhere near what the pics show.

If the are not toned, 'eh, no problems. If I paid over $25.00 you bet I would return them and leave neg. FB for falsely representing the items.

Why on earth would you leave someone negative fb...with the no doubt included low DSRs, which are devastating to small sellers...for this?

There's no mention of "toning" of any kind and, as was obvious to the other posters in this thread, anybody with a bit of experience could have discerned that the color was an artifact from the scanner light hitting the plastic at an angle, the result of a bad scan, and not on the coin itself.

You are way too cavalier with the neg FB threats.

Why on earth would you leave someone negative fb...with the no doubt included low DSRs, which are devastating to small sellers...for this?

There's no mention of "toning" of any kind and, as was obvious to the other posters in this thread, anybody with a bit of experience could have discerned that the color was an artifact from the scanner light hitting the plastic at an angle, the result of a bad scan, and not on the coin itself.

Obviously, you didn't read my full post above. The manner of his response to my message will be the reason for Neg FB. If he responds in a professional manner and doesn't BS me about the issue, I WILL leave him positive FB. If he is a jerk and says its not his concern and does not address the presented problem, I WILL give him Neg FB. My ebay seller account got all messed up because of dumb :censored: buyers and I don't go leaving neg. FB like I am trigger happy. I actually only left neg. FB for five sellers since I have been on eBay.

Also, you are right, it does not mention any toning BUT his discription isn't very descriptive. I don't know about you, but I bid according to the photos. Do you know how many sellers say that a coin is BU but in the photos you can see FOR CERTAIN that it is harshly cleaned and polished?

The negative feedback if I leave it for the seller, would be ONLY because the seller uses images that give the coin false appearance and is rude. I probaby will be happy with the coins regardless BUT FEEDBACK IS NOT JUST TO REFLECT THE PRODUCT, IT REFLECTS THE SELLER AND THEIR ETHICS AND PROFESSIONALISM.

-Dave

the 'seller' is not a one person operation, but a storefront with more than 1 employee involved with eBay sales - over half of their feedback is from postcards.

CoinPulsive, could you please post your eBay handle?

For the two proofs you have a grand total of $22.50,hardly worth the effort of a neg.Why not get your money back and just move on.

I might do that, I am not sure yet.

But incase people here didn't read it, here is the sellers return policy:

"RETURN POLICY We will gladly accept returns and offer a full refund within ONE month of purchase for the following reasons only: that the item is counterfeit, not genuine, or improperly identified. All other sales are final. Grades given represent our best professional opinions but are not guaranteed - please look at the scans carefully and ask questions prior to bidding if necessary."

(Read the LAST part of his return policy!)

In my message to him I asked him if the coin are toned (like the photos show) or if that is "Flashback" from the scanner. I said that if the coins arrive blast white despite what the coin looks like in the photo, will I be able to return the coin.

He has yet to reply. I would rather just get a small credit on the shipping instead of a full refund and not get the coins. Overall IMO, the seller is at "fault" here. The item desc. does not state if the coin is toned or not, and his return policy states to look at the scans carefully, but the scans show a huge difference in the coins appearance.

-Dave

the 'seller' is not a one person operation, but a storefront with more than 1 employee involved with eBay sales - over half of their feedback is from postcards.

CoinPulsive, could you please post your eBay handle?

drscoins_currency

-Dave

For the two proofs you have a grand total of $22.50,hardly worth the effort of a neg.Why not get your money back and just move on.

"RETURN POLICY We will gladly accept returns and offer a full refund within ONE month of purchase for the following reasons only: that the item is counterfeit, not genuine, or improperly identified. All other sales are final. Grades given represent our best professional opinions but are not guaranteed - please look at the scans carefully and ask questions prior to bidding if necessary."

In my message to him I asked him if the coin are toned (like the photos show) or if that is "Flashback" from the scanner. I said that if the coins arrive blast white despite what the coin looks like in the photo, will I be able to return the coin.

He has yet to reply. I would rather just get a small credit on the shipping instead of a full refund and not get the coins. Overall IMO, the seller is at "fault" here. The item desc. does not state if the coin is toned or not, and his return policy states to look at the scans carefully, but the scans show a huge difference in the coins appearance.

-Dave

and ask questions prior to bidding if necessary

Unless I am misreading your post, you asked a question AFTER bidding, not PRIOR to bidding. So, at least part of the fault is yours.

-Dave

and ask questions prior to bidding if necessary

Unless I am misreading your post, you asked a question AFTER bidding, not PRIOR to bidding. So, at least part of the fault is yours.

You read correctly. Here is what you missed.. I bid on the coin, going by the photos BUT I did read the description. I was bidding thinking that the coin has that tone to it and after several members here pointed out that they are not toned and its a photo trick, I messaged the seller.

How am I at any fault here?? At the time, nothing was "Wrong" with what I saw AND the listing was ending 5 minutes after I bid.

-Dave

Never mind and removed my original comment after further examining the most recent ebay policies, the 14 day return policy doesn't seem to hold any longer, it seems though the 'Pulsive will be covered by ebay buyer protection should he want to return.

Having said that, for anyone not familiar with proof scans, showing those images and not mentioning the coins are blast white is misleading. Having said that, for $10 does it really matter? (shrug)

Best, HT

Obviously, you didn't read my full post above.

No, I did read your full post. In fact, I read it several times, to make sure I understood PRECISELY what you said, because I didn't want to be unjustly harsh with you.

You said, and I quote "If I paid over $25.00 you bet I would return them and leave neg. FB for falsely representing the items."

No qualifier. No modifier. As plain as day. If you'd paid over $25, you would return them and leave negative FB for "falsely representing" (though they did no such thing) the items.

THEN you said that the feedback you would INSTEAD be leaving them is dependent on their response (presumably because it was less than $25, based on the statement above.)

Two completely separate thoughts.

The manner of his response to my message will be the reason for Neg FB. If he responds in a professional manner and doesn't BS me about the issue, I WILL leave him positive FB. If he is a jerk and says its not his concern and does not address the presented problem, I WILL give him Neg FB. My ebay seller account got all messed up because of dumb :censored: buyers

So, this is payback for perceived injustice from others?

and I don't go leaving neg. FB like I am trigger happy.

You and I...and I'm sure others...will have to agree to disagree.

I actually only left neg. FB for five sellers since I have been on eBay.

Also, you are right, it does not mention any toning BUT his discription isn't very descriptive. I don't know about you, but I bid according to the photos. Do you know how many sellers say that a coin is BU but in the photos you can see FOR CERTAIN that it is harshly cleaned and polished?

The negative feedback if I leave it for the seller, would be ONLY because the seller uses images that give the coin false appearance and is rude. I probaby will be happy with the coins regardless BUT FEEDBACK IS NOT JUST TO REFLECT THE PRODUCT, IT REFLECTS THE SELLER AND THEIR ETHICS AND PROFESSIONALISM.

-Dave

Let's use a real life example. This is the scan of a 64 Kennedy half I recently sold:

005-26.jpg

Notice, there are a lot of scanner artifacts. I guarantee you, there is no red dash in Kennedy's chin, nor is there bright yellow toning under the truncation of his neck. There is also no hint of rainbow toning in the date.

Now, yes, I mentioned that all the coins were blast white, mainly because my scanner does a terrible job with luster...but what if I hadn't? Would you suggest the pictures were misleading with the intent to deceive?

I have placed you on my blocked bidder's list. You are far too much of a loose cannon to allow. You don't ask questions prior to bidding, you fly off the handle at the drop of a hat, you make mountains out of molehills, you threaten negative feedback...negative feedback!...for scanner artifacts, and call that "false representation" when every person replying to this thread instantly spotted the problem that you couldn't see.

You'll present this seller with an untenable situation, from a customer who clearly doesn't have much experience, and then you'll go "AH HA! I TOLD you this guy was a bad seller!" and feel perfectly justified in leaving them a neg, making a very tidy self-fulfilling prophecy.

I am quite certain others have blocked you, too, they're just too polite to say anything.

I would suggest...as have several others before me...that you dial it wayyyyy back.

Good luck. I mean it. You're going to cause nothing but problems for yourself if you continue on this track through life.

By the way...this feedback you left for libertyandcoins is a violation of eBay policy.

iconPos_16x16.gif F- !! DID NOT UNDERSTAND MY TERMS, GETS BUYERS REMORSE! Buyer: Member id libertyandcoins (private) Mar-13-12 19:30

SEMI KEY DATE!!! 1898-O BARBER DIME! FINE GRADE! (#170789990431)

Sellers are not allowed to leave a "negative" positive. Libertyandcoins should absolutely call eBay and have it removed. At the very least, you should receive a warning.

By the way...are you also Ronin85139?

Dave

Assuming you don't like the coins when you receive them just send them back and explain why. Forget about the neg. Move on.

jom

You may note that the seller even mentions these are "scans" and not "photographs", but if you don't have experience going back some years with coin images then you may have assumed these were all dSLR images.

By the way...this feedback you left for libertyandcoins is a violation of eBay policy.

iconPos_16x16.gif F- !! DID NOT UNDERSTAND MY TERMS, GETS BUYERS REMORSE! Buyer: Member id libertyandcoins (private) Mar-13-12 19:30

Sellers are not allowed to leave a "negative" positive. Libertyandcoins should absolutely call eBay and have it removed. At the very least, you should receive a warning.

First off, do you know the situation with that guy? No you don't. the guy bid at the last minute and then wanted to return the coin and get a refund. I asked him why and what he told me was just a load of . Ebay agreed that he abused ebay buyer protection and they monitored his account. I DID give him a refund and he returned the coin. He just had a stick up his butt. He insisted on the coin not having any LIBERTY left on it, and you could clearly see it BUT three letters were slightly worn. He complained about the coin being too dark which you could see in the photos and everything he complained about he could have read in my description.

And sellers should be allowed to leave neg, FB for buyers. BTW That guy didn't ask question prior to bidding, are you going to block him two or do I just get special treatment? And no I am not Ronin85139.

-Dave

You may note that the seller even mentions these are "scans" and not "photographs", but if you don't have experience going back some years with coin images then you may have assumed these were all dSLR images.

EXACTLY WHAT I SAID BEFORE. Thank you for simplifying it for some of the overthinkers here with swollen skulls.

-Dave

First off, do you know the situation with that guy? No you don't. the guy bid at the last minute and then wanted to return the coin and get a refund. I asked him why and what he told me was just a load of . Ebay agreed that he abused ebay buyer protection and they monitored his account. I DID give him a refund and he returned the coin. He just had a stick up his butt. He insisted on the coin not having any LIBERTY left on it, and you could clearly see it BUT three letters were slightly worn. He complained about the coin being too dark which you could see in the photos and everything he complained about he could have read in my description.

And sellers should be allowed to leave neg, FB for buyers. BTW That guy didn't ask question prior to bidding, are you going to block him two or do I just get special treatment? And no I am not Ronin85139.

-Dave

None of what you wrote negates the fact that you apparently violated Ebay rules. The fact that you disagree with them is also irrelevant.

So, this is payback for perceived injustice from others?

and I don't go leaving neg. FB like I am trigger happy.

You and I...and I'm sure others...will have to agree to disagree.

I actually only left neg. FB for five sellers since I have been on eBay.

-Dave

I have placed you on my blocked bidder's list. You are far too much of a loose cannon to allow. You don't ask questions prior to bidding, you fly off the handle at the drop of a hat, you make mountains out of molehills, you threaten negative feedback...negative feedback!...for scanner artifacts, and call that "false representation" when every person replying to this thread instantly spotted the problem that you couldn't see.

You'll present this seller with an untenable situation, from a customer who clearly doesn't have much experience, and then you'll go "AH HA! I TOLD you this guy was a bad seller!" and feel perfectly justified in leaving them a neg, making a very tidy self-fulfilling prophecy.

1- Really? You think I am holding a grudge and I am looking for payback?

2- Prove that I love giving Neg. FB because I don't. I have had many great transactions with great sellers on eBay. One outburst at a bad buyer means nothing. But I am glad that some people think that the seller is always wrong. Please keep me blocked because you are out of your mind.

3- What are you a therapist? Everything in your last BScapade is false accusations. Again, you have lost your mind. "You don't ask questions prior to bidding" Explain to me how you know this? OH YOU DON'T, THATS RIGHT!

4- Yes I have a temper but that is none of your concern. I also have problems with people who like to accuse others over the internet like a 10 year old.

5-The seller, should have clarified the issue with the scanner photos. THAT IS THE MAIN ISSUE.

6- Why does everyone here seem to skip over the part where I said that I don't plan on leaving bad FB for the seller BUT if his response is rude and harsh and he fails to provide any sort of resolution, I will leave neg FB. Like I said the eBay Feedback system is there as a "performance review" of the sellers/buyers. If he is a complete, unreasonable jerk in his reply, I will note that in my FB for him.

I am not a liar and I don't give false feedback EVER. Everytime I have any problem with a seller after I receive the item, I contact him right away, and I expect buyers to do the same. Go waste more of your time looking through my FBs because you wont find anything to support your BS accusations.

-Dave

BTW what is your ebay handle?

-Dave

None of what you wrote negates the fact that you apparently violated Ebay rules. The fact that you disagree with them is also irrelevant.

Ok and what is done is done Mark. The issue that Mr. Backround Check brought up is over 6 months old. Go look for yourself at my FBs given and rec'd since then.

-Dave

-Dave

Ok and what is done is done Mark. The issue that Mr. Backround Check brought up is over 6 months old. Go look for yourself at my FBs given and rec'd since then.

-Dave

I don't think you understand.

The feedback is still in violation of eBay policy:

We don't allow Feedback comments that contain:

- Negative statements left for a buyer that conflict with the positive rating

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/inappropriate-feedback-comments.html

The reasons why you left it do not matter. You are still in violation. Now that you know you are in violation, will you contact eBay to have it removed? (I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you weren't aware before.)

As to the rest of your statements, they do nothing but prove you are a hothead, and a danger to the economic well being of others on eBay.

Instead of saying "yeah, I guess everybody is right, I did overreact, and I did violate eBay policy, I'll just take the coins and move on" you have doubled down.

I don't normally engage you, but when you start threatening the livelihood of sellers on eBay over minutiae, you need to be confronted. I continue to hold out hope that you will come to your senses and not behave so poorly.

My eBay id is comic-sutra.

I ask again...are you also Ronin85139?

You should email seller and ask to cancel transactions, as you are going to have to return them if they do not have that cool scanner reflection color when received (and a couple friends told you they won't). It will save both of you time and mailing costs.

I already said that I am not also Ronin85139 and I have no idea who they are but the ebay ID rings a bell. I think I bought from him last year.

Also, in regards to the "hothead" comment, I am really not going to respond to that because

1- its not your concern

2- I am really not a hot head.

I just didn't appricate what you (or what whoever brought up that old FB) said. That issues was dealt with through ebay. In regards to what I said in the feedback, the buyer was 10X the jerk in his messages than I was, I was frustrated with his inability to comprimise or anything. BTW just to put this out there, I offered to refund him for HALF of the final cost. He was very unreasonable and yea, at the time, I didn't care what I put in the FB and it has been burried and long forgotten.

The main reason I "doubled down" was because most of you didn't take into account that I said that I messaged him, and if he is willing to accept the return of help me with the issue/confusion, I will leave him 100% five star pos. FB.

Everyone over-reacted to the leaving neg. FB remarks, which I said will only happen if he is a total jerk and refuses to help at all with the issue. IMHO, I would most likely just leave neutral FB because, he shipped the coins promptly, the coins are as described in respects to the TPG and the grades and the are worth what I spent.

Just to rap this up and to answer Jom and a few others: I will probably return the coins but I want to wait for the seller to reply before anything. He already printed the label and I don't know if he can get the Shipping fees back.

-Dave