• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My favorite coin, by far, in today's (October 10th) Legend-Morphy auction

49 posts in this topic

Thanks Mark. I have never been a huge fan of saints but I don't guess I have ever seen a fully struck one like this proof. It brings the design to a whole new level.

Thanks Mark. I have never been a huge fan of saints but I don't guess I have ever seen a fully struck one like this proof. It brings the design to a whole new level.

Thanks, Ray. The Satin/Roman (1909-1910) and Matte Proof (1911-1915) Saints are an entirely different breed of Saint, and to me, are truly breathtaking.

I am currently the high bidder (at $110,000 hammer) on the one I posted, but am not particularly confident that I will win it.

All the satin gold proof coinage of that era is simply stunning and is the one niche where I wish I had purchased a piece for myself years ago.

Yea, I received that catalog in the mail the other day. I have to say, I was enamored with that coin amongst others. But their catalog, albeit small was one of the nicest I've ever received!

Thanks, Ray. The Satin/Roman (1909-1910) and Matte Proof (1911-1915) Saints are an entirely different breed of Saint, and to me, are truly breathtaking.

I am currently the high bidder (at $110,000 hammer) on the one I posted, but am not particularly confident that I will win it.

You should always be careful pointing out coins you are bidding on before auction closes. I was pleasantly surprised and found a lot I like as well.

I had no idea there was even proof saints?

Me either, I thought it looked like a replica made from cheese at first :roflmao:. Thanks for pointing it out Mark and good luck.

You don't have to worry about me jumping the bid.

You should always be careful pointing out coins you are bidding on before auction closes. I was pleasantly surprised and found a lot I like as well.

I always consider that. If someone wants to outbid me, that is OK by me.

Sometimes I hope somebody outbids me,

Sometimes I hope somebody outbids me,

It would take a pretty heavy hitter to outbid Mark, anyway. Not just anyone can casually drop over 100K!

was watching - your lot closed at $120,000 hammer

the lot I pre-bid on closed at my pre-bid max, but have no idea if I won -

as all the auction-flex bids seemed to come from floor

was watching - your lot closed at $120,000 hammer

the lot I pre-bid on closed at my pre-bid max, but have no idea if I won -

as all the auction-flex bids seemed to come from floor

Thanks, as I was unaware of the result.

i love cheese!! the stinnnnnnnnnnnnnker the better

also what is the buyers fee for this auction??

15% buyer's premium.

Did you win?

Not if it sold in excess of $110,000 hammer. My bidding information page on their website has not indicated the official result, yet.

15% buyer's premium.

Did you win?

Not if it sold in excess of $110,000 hammer. My bidding information page on their website has not indicated the official result, yet.

OK---gotcha. I wasn't sure, if you were the high bidder at 110K OR if 110K was your high bid, period. Must've been BOTH. Good Luck, in any event.

15% buyer's premium.

Did you win?

OK---gotcha. I wasn't sure, if you were the high bidder at 110K OR if 110K was your high bid, period. Must've been BOTH. Good Luck, in any event.

Thanks and I'm good, win or lose. When I mentioned previously that I was high bidder at $110,000 hammer at the time, I felt there was no good reason to disclose that was my maximum bid.

In my opinion, this thread should be moved to the money marketplace area as it seems to be soliciting a sale of a coin. Just my opinion.

In my opinion, this thread should be moved to the money marketplace area as it seems to be soliciting a sale of a coin. Just my opinion.

Quite to the contrary---it is discussing a possible, prospective purchase, as we do all the time, on this area of the forum.

Quite to the contrary---it is discussing a possible, prospective purchase, as we do all the time, on this area of the forum.

OK. Just keeping it tight.

It is a nice coin!