• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I didn't realize that silver was $50/oz. Thank you coin vault

35 posts in this topic

4 ASE at $199.95 are less than silver melt value. That's what they are saying at Coin Vault. They wouldn't lie about coin values now would they?

Really????

They may be prescient rather than correct. Precious metals are slowly consolidating and building momentum due to the conplete and utter failure of Barry the Choom's foreign policy and banking knowledge or lack there off. The Russian and Chinese have bought over 400 tonnes of gold recently and I think that they are smarter then Barry is!

Precious metals are slowly consolidating and building momentum due to the conplete and utter failure of Barry the Choom's foreign policy and banking knowledge or lack there off.

And when precious metal prices collapsed not long ago, it was also due to "Barry"? What a joke.

Precious metals are slowly consolidating and building momentum due to the conplete and utter failure of Barry the Choom's foreign policy and banking knowledge or lack there off.

And when precious metal prices collapsed not long ago, it was also due to "Barry"? What a joke.

Not sure what you are talking about. Gold was under $1000 an oz when Barry took office. Now its $1600. Silver was around $12 an oz.

I can't speak for gold, but silver has been following almost the same trends for the last 10-15 years or so.

Chris

I can't speak for gold, but silver has been following almost the same trends for the last 10-15 years or so.

Chris

I guess anything can be called a trend abstractly enough. The trend that "silver exists" surely fits. Im not sure I see a price trend though.

128516.jpg.6a6f66fd89f4bbf4bf7bfea1815ed84e.jpg

Precious metals are slowly consolidating and building momentum due to the complete and utter failure of Barry the Choom's foreign policy and banking knowledge or lack there off. The Russian and Chinese have bought over 400 tonnes of gold recently and I think that they are smarter then Barry is!

It really isn't fair to say that.......After all, I think EVERYONE is smarter than Barry is......

Paul

Do they actually have so many people buy from them to stay in business??

With the internet, etc easy to compare prices and see they are full of bologna.

You will 'always' hear the hawkers say something to the effect of "it's a great gift idea if you have a grandson or grand daughter graduating, birthday coming up, barmitzfa'ed, going off to college, or as an investment into their future."

Oh yeah...let's get one, some. They make it easy with 'flex pay' and free shipping also.

They stay in business with help from Barry. Didnt you see his speech? They didnt build the business themselves. So can you blame them for their poor ethics? That will be my defense in court I DIDNT COMMIT THIS CRIME BY MYSELF...I HAD HELP FROM EDUCATORS AND THE COMMUNITY AND OF COURSE BARRY

Sometimes I'm embarrassed to think I am on the PCGS forums. At present I am also embarrassed to think I am on the NGC forums also.

Which forum is being embarrassed on more embarrasing?

Sometimes I'm embarrassed to think I am on the PCGS forums. At present I am also embarrassed to think I am on the NGC forums also.

Which forum is being embarrassed on more embarrasing?

I would be embarrassed to ask this embarrassing question.

They stay in business with help from Barry. Didnt you see his speech? They didnt build the business themselves. So can you blame them for their poor ethics? That will be my defense in court I DIDNT COMMIT THIS CRIME BY MYSELF...I HAD HELP FROM EDUCATORS AND THE COMMUNITY AND OF COURSE BARRY

You're just lying to yourself to feed your preexisting bias. He said no such thing, everyone knows it, but prefer to believe something that reinforces their already held political opinion. But it's simple dishonesty.

Incredible, the OP starts a thread pointing out how Coin Vault falsely hypes the price of silver and several forum members somehow manage to tie this in to the current administration and make a political rant.

The vast majority of forum members, including myself, do not care about your political point of view. I do care about reading your opinions in the threads that are presented here.

Please try to comment on the OP subject and keep political rants for other forums.

Thank you,

Carl

If they are selling for over $30 that's too much

wheat

Just would like to say even with the market as it is today I bet you cannot locate silver eagles under $30 right now and if you can please tell me where and I will buy every last one they have. You can get close to $30 but not under.

Anyhow 4 at 195 is too much but I have seen worse... I saw some at $60 other day...

As has been said before, politics in any form is forbidden on this forum.

The coin side gets a ton more slack than the Water Cooler and the Comics board on this, and with good reason.

Don't make them reconsider that good reason.

If it's in any way political...just don't post it.

On topic, I'm becoming very frustrated with the price of silver. If it falls, great. I can buy lots more. If it rises, great. I can sell.

It's when it just hovers at the same price for weeks on end that I get annoyed. ;)

wheat

Just would like to say even with the market as it is today I bet you cannot locate silver eagles under $30 right now and if you can please tell me where and I will buy every last one they have. You can get close to $30 but not under.

Anyhow 4 at 195 is too much but I have seen worse... I saw some at $60 other day...

Did not say I could. What I said was....... They are bullion!!!!! If the Da_mn things are over spot by 3 or more points they are too much. If Englehardt tried to sell their silver for the amount the U.S. government does, everybody here would be screaming and yelling. What makes the mint any better. They use to mint silver coins for face and would make special issues like comms. for a buck. Now they have found that they have a bunch of suckers on the hook and just keep raising prices and playin games and a lot is being colluded with by TPGs with all the special labels so they can make more money also. For example what real coin collector really gives a royal red rat's a s s wheather or not a peice of bullion was minted on the first day or last day. I know I don't, but that's your little red wagon. Spend your money any way you wish. Just don't ask me to participate in this madness.

wheat

wheat

Did not say I could. What I said was....... They are bullion!!!!! If the Da_mn things are over spot by 3 or more points they are too much. If Englehardt tried to sell their silver for the amount the U.S. government does, everybody here would be screaming and yelling. What makes the mint any better. They use to mint silver coins for face and would make special issues like comms. for a buck. Now they have found that they have a bunch of suckers on the hook and just keep raising prices and playin games and a lot is being colluded with by TPGs with all the special labels so they can make more money also. For example what real coin collector really gives a royal red rat's a s s wheather or not a peice of bullion was minted on the first day or last day. I know I don't, but that's your little red wagon. Spend your money any way you wish. Just don't ask me to participate in this madness.

wheat

+1.

I don't get what is so "fancy" about a label saying First Release, Early Release or even the labels that have someones signiture on them.

Buy the coin not the holder! I have bought slabbed "First Release" proof ASEs from people and they want me to give them $80+ bucks a coin and when I tell them I sell the same thing for $60.00, they think I am joking when I tell them I would buy it for $45.00.

With silver melt at $27.50 (give or take a few cents) I would never pay more than $22.00 a piece for ASEs and IMO, I don't understand why they carry a premium opposed to generic silver bars or rounds. Too much hype, silver bullion is silver bullion; you can polish a turd and it is still a turd.

-Dave

The US Federal Reserve is selling bullion to artificially keep the price of gold low. Other countries which do not have a reserve currency or central bank with any clout are buying large amounts of gold, even at present prices. This appears to be a consolidation phase for gold price (refer to the chart above for 2007 price movement). I would be bullish on gold, pending the election. Uncertainty at present would keep me from buying bullion until there is more certainty about the election.

This is germain to the emotional component in the price of precious metals (not political) and I do not like young adults whom I do not know, telling me what to think and what to post. It is entirely possible that silver could be $50 an ounce after the election. That is reality, get used to it!

Silver production of new metal in the world is lagging seriously behind even commercial demand.

Dave, just curious, not trying to sound smartalecky, you said you wouldn't pay more that 22 for ASE's with silver at 27.50. An ASE is 1 troy ounce of silver so the melt value is 27.50. So, you woun't pay melt for silver. Are you able to buy cheaper someplace I don't know about, or you just won't buy bullion or ASE's? Interested.....