• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I didn't realize that silver was $50/oz. Thank you coin vault

35 posts in this topic

Dave, just curious, not trying to sound smartalecky, you said you wouldn't pay more that 22 for ASE's with silver at 27.50. An ASE is 1 troy ounce of silver so the melt value is 27.50. So, you woun't pay melt for silver. Are you able to buy cheaper someplace I don't know about, or you just won't buy bullion or ASE's? Interested.....

I was talking about if someone came to me at a show or responded to my Local ads to sell ASEs they had. In the past few months, the average price that I have sold 2010-2012 unc. ASEs at is $29.00.

If I could by ASE's from somewhere online, I am not sure if that is something I would share lol. What I was saying in that was I sell at around melt, so I buy less than melt.

-Dave

The US Federal Reserve is selling bullion to artificially keep the price of gold low. Other countries which do not have a reserve currency or central bank with any clout are buying large amounts of gold, even at present prices. This appears to be a consolidation phase for gold price (refer to the chart above for 2007 price movement). I would be bullish on gold, pending the election. Uncertainty at present would keep me from buying bullion until there is more certainty about the election.

This is germain to the emotional component in the price of precious metals (not political) and I do not like young adults whom I do not know, telling me what to think and what to post. It is entirely possible that silver could be $50 an ounce after the election. That is reality, get used to it!

Silver production of new metal in the world is lagging seriously behind even commercial demand.

And additionally, but as has been discussed numerous times before, the ratio of silver to gold has been throughout most of recorded history, up until the 20th century, about a 1:12 to 1:16 ratio.

Even during the boom of 1979/80, the ratio remained near 1:17 at the respective peaks.

Now, the ratio is 1:60.

All sorts of reasons why, but that ratio cannot last forever.

Precious metals are slowly consolidating and building momentum due to the conplete and utter failure of Barry the Choom's foreign policy and banking knowledge or lack there off.

And when precious metal prices collapsed not long ago, it was also due to "Barry"? What a joke.

Not sure what you are talking about. Gold was under $1000 an oz when Barry took office. Now its $1600. Silver was around $12 an oz.

$1000,$1600 and $12 us dollars were worth more as well when Barry took office. ;)

I get a big laugh when the other guys are selling SAEs ms70 at $189.00 and say the price of silver has soared over the last few weeks.Its geared towards those who dont know.They also sell a 2012 GBE anacs pf 70 for $3999.00 gold has almost doubled in the last few years they say.