• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is so special about this coin?

36 posts in this topic

Some maniac obsessed with the registry? There are 78 MS70's and the price listed in the coin explorer is $19,000 plus a few dollars. The price for an MS69 is $56 and there are 70,000+ of them.

that's not what I said someone took the words out of my mouth

It's an automatic word filter in the server that is updated regularly by the admins to filter out words like.

I

D

I

O

T

It's an automatic word filter in the server that is updated regularly by the admins to filter out words like.

I

D

I

O

T

That's pretty lame.

Lance.

Thank you all for your replies. I knew that top pops often sold for a few grand, but I had never heard of one selling for so much. It's absolutely unbelievable. I'm not a plastic collector and I only dabble with the registry, but if the population is as high as posted, I still wonder why the other MS70s don't sell for as much (not that I would want one anyway).

What is silver selling for...it's just 1-oz of bullion?

That's precisely my view too, but I realize that there is a market for these coins in higher grades. I never had any idea that one would sell for this much. Silver is currently at a bit above $28 as of the moment this is written.

Wow what a shame... A fool and his money will soon be separated! :o

You can get a commemorative featuring the guy who made that quote (PT Barnum) for pennies on the dollar compared to that SAE. doh!

It is the lowest pop MS70 by 37 (78 v 115) from the 1991. The 91 is listed at $4000+. The 1996 has a pop of 128 and is listed at $5000+.

It truely is registry lunacy.

I don't care what the pop report or price guide says. As already mentioned, it's just bullion. I would never spent that on a coin (it's not even a real coin, really) in this series EVER NEVER EVER!! :insane: This is soooo interesting, though, as I had NO IDEA that they went for that much!! :facepalm:

I

D

I

O

T

That's pretty lame.

Lance.

What's pretty lame?

I

D

I

O

T

That's pretty lame.

Lance.

What's pretty lame?

"That"

jom

PS: Sorry...I couldn't help it. :devil:

I

D

I

O

T

That's pretty lame.

Lance.

What's pretty lame?

"That"

jom

Okayyyyyyyyyyyyy!

I

D

I

O

T

That's pretty lame.

Lance.

What's pretty lame?

"That"

jom

Okayyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Actually, I think it is the word filter he was referring to that was lame.

jom

I'll give you $50 for it.

It's FRICKEN BULLION!!!!!!

NEWS FLASH!

ALL coins, without exception, are nothing more than BULLION thats been assayed by the US Government.

It is a legal tender modern $1 coin... but I would never pay that! Most I have paid for an ASE is $39

Aw come on now Mary, it's a MS70 and all lol

Why all angst about a person being able to afford what they want?

Isn’t this simply an example of the free market and the benefits of capitalism?....or inheritance?

Why spend all that money on house when you can buy a bunch of single wides with the money???

Why spend all that money on BMW or Mercedes when you can buy a bunch Chevys???

If somebody has the resources to buy what they want...more power to them. It is neither silly nor a waste of money. I wish I had the funds... (shrug)